ALL >> Business >> View Article
Fantech Fans—an Easy Solution To Your Mosquito Problems
Total Articles: 10
You know mosquitoes are constantly gunning for you, so it's important to create a line of defense between you and them. Of course, you can always put on those aromatic citronella candles, bug sprays, zappers, and the like, but there's something even simpler you can do. It's so deceptively simple that you might just want to go around telling everyone about it. The solution: Turn on a fan.
Electric fans—like those highly durable Fantech fans —are the perfect solution to those pesky mosquitoes constantly wafting in the still Brooklyn air. When you're outdoors, all you have to do is turn on an electric fan, the oscillating kind, and that'll be enough to send a breeze that tells each and every mosquito to stay away.
Using a fan to fend off mosquitoes works mainly because these bugs don't like flying in 15 mph wind; their wings can only handle so much. This has been proven by a 2003 Michigan State University study that found that the air blown by an average fan is enough to mess up mosquitoes' flying ability’. Not only that, when a fan is turned on, it blows away the carbon dioxide you exhale, which is what attracts these insects to you in the first place.
It's a method endorsed by the American Mosquito Control Association. On their website, they claim that “Mosquitoes are relatively weak fliers.” The group—a non-profit organization that publishes a journal bearing its name—adds that mosquitoes fly roughly around 1 to 1.5 mph, so “placing a large fan on your deck can provide a low-tech solution” to your bug problems.
This particular solution has even penetrated the blogosphere, if only for a bit. An eHow.com article advises that if you are outside, sitting near an electric fan is enough to keep these pests away. The article further recommends the use of an oscillating fan, but also says that in its absence, a regular box fan will suffice.
If you don't have a fan yet, maybe it's time to visit a fan dealer near you, one that has a wide variety of these electric devices at their disposal. Such dealers will have different fans for different purposes including high-power wall exhaust fans, ceiling fans, etc. You never know, perhaps your interior needs a few ventilating machines as well. Learn about the different types of fans from wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-electric-fans.htm.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women