ALL >> Business >> View Article
Fantech Fans—an Easy Solution To Your Mosquito Problems
Total Articles: 10
You know mosquitoes are constantly gunning for you, so it's important to create a line of defense between you and them. Of course, you can always put on those aromatic citronella candles, bug sprays, zappers, and the like, but there's something even simpler you can do. It's so deceptively simple that you might just want to go around telling everyone about it. The solution: Turn on a fan.
Electric fans—like those highly durable Fantech fans —are the perfect solution to those pesky mosquitoes constantly wafting in the still Brooklyn air. When you're outdoors, all you have to do is turn on an electric fan, the oscillating kind, and that'll be enough to send a breeze that tells each and every mosquito to stay away.
Using a fan to fend off mosquitoes works mainly because these bugs don't like flying in 15 mph wind; their wings can only handle so much. This has been proven by a 2003 Michigan State University study that found that the air blown by an average fan is enough to mess up mosquitoes' flying ability’. Not only that, when a fan is turned on, it blows away the carbon dioxide you exhale, which is what attracts these insects to you in the first place.
It's a method endorsed by the American Mosquito Control Association. On their website, they claim that “Mosquitoes are relatively weak fliers.” The group—a non-profit organization that publishes a journal bearing its name—adds that mosquitoes fly roughly around 1 to 1.5 mph, so “placing a large fan on your deck can provide a low-tech solution” to your bug problems.
This particular solution has even penetrated the blogosphere, if only for a bit. An eHow.com article advises that if you are outside, sitting near an electric fan is enough to keep these pests away. The article further recommends the use of an oscillating fan, but also says that in its absence, a regular box fan will suffice.
If you don't have a fan yet, maybe it's time to visit a fan dealer near you, one that has a wide variety of these electric devices at their disposal. Such dealers will have different fans for different purposes including high-power wall exhaust fans, ceiling fans, etc. You never know, perhaps your interior needs a few ventilating machines as well. Learn about the different types of fans from wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-electric-fans.htm.
Business Articles1. Gst Accounting Software
2. The Greener Solution To Cleaner Water
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
3. Concrete Contractors, Concrete Driveway, Tree Removal Lot Clearing - St. Helen
Author: Jeffrey Jones
4. Valuable Information About Chauffeur Car Services In Paris
5. Pictures Of Dogs And Puppies
6. Advantages Of Using Shackles For Lifting Heavy Loads
Author: Asmita Lokhande
7. How To Get High Rank On Google Using Latest Seo Techniques
Author: Anderson Mark
8. Collaboration Is Important For Getting Things Done, If Handled Properly
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
9. Top Online Accounting Software In 2017
Author: Mohit Yadev
10. Strategies For Share Trading
Author: Darren Bentley
11. Static Caravan Dealers
12. Opportunities For The Global Frp Pole Market To Reach $322.1 Million By 2022
Author: Lucintel LLC
13. Excellent Software Training Program By Enosis Learning - Creating Software Professionals
Author: biz porto
14. Buy Curtains Online
15. Surefire Favor Ideas To Perk Up Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin