ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Sneak Up On Writing Your Book
Total Articles: 39
Want to sneak up on writing your book? You can. Authors no longer create their books in isolation; readers read authors' work in progress, and this helps authors immensely.
The big benefit of having readers is that you receive feedback. You'll see very quickly what readers respond to, and what they don't. This is amazing; it's powerful. Your readers will inspire you, and they'll become the first buyers of your books.
Author EL James, of Fifty Shades of Grey Fame, wrote her books as fan fiction. As she wrote, she collected readers. Those readers' responses helped her to produce phenomenally successful bestsellers.
There are many sites which will allow you to develop your book online, and get readers and feedback as you create. They include Wattpad, and Writer's Bloq.
You're sneaking up on your book, because you're producing just a chapter or two at a time, rather than waiting to write the entire book before you start looking for feedback.
If you're not comfortable on large sites, you can post your material on your own blog. You won't have as many readers, and you'll need to promote your blog. However, you will get feedback as you write.
How to Get Started Sneaking up on Writing Your Book
1. Decide What You Want to Write
Novelists are divided into two main types: the free writers, and the outliners.
Free writing novelists (also called "pantsers" because they create by the seat of their pants) just start on their project, telling themselves the story.
Outlining novelists like to know exactly where their book is going before they get started on the writing. They outline each scene and chapter.
You'll soon discover whether you're a pantser, or an outliner.
2. Set a Goal for the Number of Words You Want to Write Each Day
Without a daily word count goal, you'll procrastinate. Choose the number of words you think you can write on a good day, and then halve it. Set that number of words as your daily goal.
Post your daily output to a website, or to your own blog.
3. Develop a Routine
To write a book, you need to fit writing into your daily schedule.
Most writers find that they write best either late in the evening, or first thing in the morning. However, you may find that you like writing during your lunch hour, or before dinner.
Choose a time and write, and then stick to that time. When the time arrives, sit down at your computer and start writing.
Although writing a book can be a huge undertaking, you can sneak up on it. Many successful writers have done it, and you can too.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy