ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Guide To Startup Magazine Printing For Beginners
Total Articles: 33
You've got a great idea for a magazine and you're bursting with enthusiasm to write, publish and reap the ensuing rewards and satisfaction. Good for you. The magazine industry thrives on enthusiasm and enterprise. And despite the unstoppable rise of the internet, printed magazines are more popular than ever.
Magazine readership has in fact grown in the past half decade, and four out of every five adults nowadays read magazines. There are more and more young people reading magazines despite their apparent addiction to social media, and research suggests that the power of magazines to influence purchasing behavior is greater than all other forms of media. These are more than sufficient reasons for you to get involved in this exciting field of publishing.
However, you're probably well aware that not all magazines are successful. I'm wondering how to break this one to you gently. No, I'm going to tell it like it is. Only about one in every ten titles makes it to long-term profitability.
If you accept that startup magazine printing is always going to be a speculative and risky business, it's clear that you must act to minimize your exposure to high initial costs by finding a source of printing that is as competitively priced as possible.
Get quotes from a selection of startup magazine printing companies. Compare the price ranges. Ask for samples of magazines they've previously produced. Check the quality of these. Use your interactions with each printing company's staff as a way of assessing their level of customer service and willingness to work with you to achieve your goals.
A major influencing factor on your printing costs will be the quantity of copies you order in your print run. Whilst it is possible to have as few as 500 copies of a magazine printed, the price per copy at this level will inevitably be higher than if you are ordering 5,000 or 50,000.
Carry out thorough research into your market, and ascertain how many copies of your magazine you can realistically sell. If you are relying on income from advertisers this will be an essential part of your sales pitch to them. Among other contributing factors such as your sector and readership demographics, your page rates will depend on the number of copies you expect to distribute.
Startup magazine printing is a complicated endeavor, but by working with an experienced and understanding print partner, many of the potential snags can be overcome.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media