ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Guide To Startup Magazine Printing For Beginners
Total Articles: 33
You've got a great idea for a magazine and you're bursting with enthusiasm to write, publish and reap the ensuing rewards and satisfaction. Good for you. The magazine industry thrives on enthusiasm and enterprise. And despite the unstoppable rise of the internet, printed magazines are more popular than ever.
Magazine readership has in fact grown in the past half decade, and four out of every five adults nowadays read magazines. There are more and more young people reading magazines despite their apparent addiction to social media, and research suggests that the power of magazines to influence purchasing behavior is greater than all other forms of media. These are more than sufficient reasons for you to get involved in this exciting field of publishing.
However, you're probably well aware that not all magazines are successful. I'm wondering how to break this one to you gently. No, I'm going to tell it like it is. Only about one in every ten titles makes it to long-term profitability.
If you accept that startup magazine printing is always going to be a speculative and risky business, it's clear that you must act to minimize your exposure to high initial costs by finding a source of printing that is as competitively priced as possible.
Get quotes from a selection of startup magazine printing companies. Compare the price ranges. Ask for samples of magazines they've previously produced. Check the quality of these. Use your interactions with each printing company's staff as a way of assessing their level of customer service and willingness to work with you to achieve your goals.
A major influencing factor on your printing costs will be the quantity of copies you order in your print run. Whilst it is possible to have as few as 500 copies of a magazine printed, the price per copy at this level will inevitably be higher than if you are ordering 5,000 or 50,000.
Carry out thorough research into your market, and ascertain how many copies of your magazine you can realistically sell. If you are relying on income from advertisers this will be an essential part of your sales pitch to them. Among other contributing factors such as your sector and readership demographics, your page rates will depend on the number of copies you expect to distribute.
Startup magazine printing is a complicated endeavor, but by working with an experienced and understanding print partner, many of the potential snags can be overcome.
Education Articles1. 5 Ways How Laboratorio Linguistico Software Are Encouraging New Idiom Learners
Author: Carol Fleming
2. 4 Verifiable Benefits Of Using Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
3. What Is Self-regulation And How Can It Help Kids?
Author: Sherry Shellenberger
5. Top Three Reasons For Studying Photogrammetry
6. Did You Read Ever About These Types Of Algorithm Of Machine Learning?
7. Colors Institute Of Interior Designing
8. Importance Of Pastoral Care In Schools
Author: Priya Varma
9. What Does The Transactional Analysis Training Teaches You?
10. Prepare The Online Dba Interview Questions For Securing Your Dream Job
11. How To Go About Speaking Chinese – Picking The Right Chinese Course In Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
12. 5 Important Things To Keep In Mind For Online Examinations
13. Water Zone
14. Exam Jn0-420 – Juniper Network Certified Specialist Automation And Devops (jncis – Devops)
Author: John Miller
15. Selenium Training Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar