ALL >> Education >> View Article
Writing For Children - Tips
Total Articles: 36
Are you interested in writing for kids? Well, children are the most alert and intelligent audience you will come across. You just cannot fool them. You need to be very careful because when children read, they really read the soul of the book. There is a requirement for fine written and nicely considered books for children. The book should contain an exciting journey and fun, which will make a kid's eyes go wide with amazement. You need to be very accurate in regards to language and many other things.
Writing for kids is a very fine experience. Therefore, if you have decided, you are on right path. Although there are many questions you need to be clear about, like the kind of language you will be using, and what style to adopt, which is totally different from adult books.
Below are a few valuable tips for writing a book for children:
• You need to remember your childhood and your childhood fantasies, as there is a child in every person. This will help you a lot.
• Children's literature is supposed to be simple and brief. Do not misunderstand that. It is a very tough job to create a book for kids. As a matter of fact, it is simplicity that is much harder to obtain. You will have to write and reject over a dozen of your drafts before finalizing your work. The words should be simple and children should get it easily. Try to use words that attract kids
• Sometimes writers come across other books for children, and try to do much better than that, and get lost in that process. Stick to your idea of a book and be original. I understand that the field of writing is very competitive and tough. But children will like what is best for them.
• The best thing to do is to decide which age group you are writing for. This will give you a good range of writing ideas. Do not try to target all kids. This will help you to focus for children of that particular age group. It might happen that if children of, let us say, the 9-10 age group like it that maybe younger and older kids will also like it.
• Today kids are far smarter than children around 50 to 60 years ago. Therefore, try to converse with kids and know what kind of stuff kids like in their stories.
• You must always remember, these little kids are much more intelligent than we adults. So you must respect their knowledge. These are humans going through different stages of development to be an adult.
• You can write down your story and try to read it aloud to kids. You can watch their expressions and what questions they ask; this will help you to refine your work. Some kids can read books on their own, and some need help to read. The important thing is you must know for which age group you are creating this work.
• Try to study and understand the publishing market and be original in your work. Your passion will make the kids like your work.
• Your childhood memories are the best writing tips for children. You can turn back to your childhood to understand a kid's mindset. It might take some time, but with the passion and persistence you will get it.
Writing for children also involves the ever popular comic books. They are the great escape from the real world, into the world of adventure and action. This is also an interesting kind of literature and kids undoubtedly love them. The drawing and writing of the story makes the characters alive for kids, and gives a much wider scope of imagination.
• Comic book Storyline:
In order to make a good comic book, a strong story line is obviously very important. First you must decide whether you want action, science fiction, fantasy, historical, comedy, etc. As you decide your theme, creating a story around it will become much easier.
Writing a comic book for children is the most joyous work. It does not have any specific rules. However, the most important point is to create a very powerful hero or heroine. You can create a whole world and create your story as adventurous as you want. You can give different interesting powers to your characters. This is the first step of your story. There is good and there is bad, and they come into action for some reason.
Similarly you can create fairy tales, stories of brave warriors, space stories, etc. The subjects are endless. You can choose one and create a good work with fine writing and a simple approach.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool