ALL >> Education >> View Article
Secrets First Time Authors Should Know
Total Articles: 35
The career of an author is not very easy. It requires a lot of patience, perseverance, and hard work, of course. The progress can be slow initially and there are no immediate rewards and it is very difficult to make a living out of it in the beginning. You will have to face criticism and failure, before tasting the sweet success.
When you write a book and it gets published, it is a moment of pride and joy. But this is not the end of your hard work. You have proved yourself as a writer, that is true, but this is an ongoing process. Every time you write a book, you leave your trademark on it. When people love it, they want more from you. You need to prove yourself every time a book is published.
It is indeed a moment of pride when you receive a first check on your book. It could be a hefty sum of money. But do not get all swayed away with it. There are lots of payments you need to make before the money gets into your personal bank account. You need to pay a good amount to the agent you have hired and all kinds of taxes are involved. Therefore, you might not want to leave your present job yet. This is only the first step in your dream career and the destination is still far away. So take steps slowly and steadily.
Motivation while writing any kind of book is very important. You need to focus on your final goal while writing the book. You need to keep on motivating each day because motivation fades away after some time and you need to motivate yourself each time to keep on working. You can write down a list of motivators and stick the paper so that you can read it every time you sit at your desk to write. The few motivating pointers can be:
· The reason behind writing this book
· What you are expecting from it?
· You want to become a good writer
· You want to enjoy the fame
After motivation, intention is a very important factor. The reason or intention behind the creation of the book is very crucial. Your intention can be to write a short story, a novel, anything. But there must be a clear cut intention behind it. You need to note it down so that it keeps reminding you.
Before starting your work you need to do thorough research in that subject. You need to know all the nooks and corners of that subject. It takes time and if you are not disciplined, it can take ages. Therefore, you need to set a deadline for your study and research in the subject.
Before starting on your project you need to create a map or an outline. This is always the correct way of starting your work. You can write down your priorities, things you need to search for, etc, in a stepwise way and this will give you direction in your project. This is very important otherwise there is a danger of procrastination. Sometimes an idea just pops in your mind and you start writing with no end. This has no meaning. To draw an outline does not mean you have to do it very systematically; you just have to write down your intentions.
The best secret for first time authors is about setting the time chunks. You can set a timer of 30 or 40 minutes and spend that much time in writing. This will relieve you from any kind of pressure. After the timer goes off you can take a break and then start again. Set your timer and start your work again. It will be fun and you need not feel any pressure.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era