ALL >> Education >> View Article
Is It Worth Competing With So Many Other Books Help For Self-published Authors
Total Articles: 31
If you consider yourself to be a 'real' writer I think you already know the answer. We write because we want to; because it serves a deep-seated need and because it is our own way of communicating with our world.
I write fiction because I am good at telling stories. I am always doing it in my day-to-day life. I often dramatize an event and share it with my friends creating special voices and even acting out comical situations.
I also love the power of the written word. I admire writers who spend hours mulling over words and work towards creating powerful stories by crafting and developing sentence structures and story lines.
However, even I was a bit disheartened when I read this figure. I have four books published but that's only a fraction of what's available. But then it occurred to me that a good reader can read up to several books a month; sometimes a week. My children's books range in size from 16,000 to 20,000 words. An adult or a good reader could whip through those in a few hours. So does it matter that 235,000 titles have been added to my four?
It took me 18 months to publish my first book. It was my first serious attempt to write, illustrate and publish a children's book. I discovered that the illustrations took as much time if not longer than the actual manuscript. I have now got the process down to four to six months. That's still a long time considering how quickly one of my books can be read.
There are many things you can do to help raise your profile online and get people to pay attention to your book. It may seem that you are just one small needle in a hay stack but if you persevere you will gain success.
One of the keys is marketing. This takes the form of branding too. However, there is a lot of information and experts around that can help you tackle this daunting frontier.
The main aim of this article is to make sure you don't give up and keep writing. Don't look at that figure of 235,000 self-published books and think it's too big and there's too much competition. Make your work stand out and make people take notice. And write because it feels a deep need and it is something that you love to do. Write because you have a good story to share and good stories change people's lives and make the world a better place to live in.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning