ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Discover The Van Gogh Museum In Amsterdam
Total Articles: 43
Van Gogh is indeed a master of Post-Impressionistic painting. His popular pieces—Starry Night, Sunflowers, and Sorrow—are precious contributions to the art world and the world in general.
Aside from his works of art, Van Gogh is also known to be a very complex man. He is a talent that draws the curiosity of many. If you are one of those interested in his life and works, then the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is a place you have to see.
The Van Gogh Museum is a popular tourist destination for people visiting the city of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Only a walk away from many Amsterdam hotels, the museum attracts more than a million tourists each year, making it one of the most visited art museums in the world.
True to its name, the Van Gogh Museum houses over a thousand works of the great Dutch artist. Here, you can find 200 paintings, 400 drawings, and 700 letters all created by Van Gogh at different periods and different places all over Europe. Some of the most popular creations displayed in the museum are The Potato Eaters and Avenue of Poplars in Autumn, two oil paintings that depict Dutch living in the signature Van Gogh boldness.
The museum is found south of Amsterdam in a public space called Museum Square. It is situated between a historical museum and a museum for the modern arts.
Inside the Museum
There are two buildings in the museum: the Main Building and the Exhibition Wing. Today, the main building houses the permanent collection while the three-floored exhibition wing displays temporary collections from various modern artists.
The diverse exhibit of Van Gogh's works is an entirely different experience in itself. While you're inside the museum, make sure to take your time appreciating his oil paintings, drawings, and popular self-portraits. With these pieces that were created at different points in Van Gogh's intriguing and short life (he died at 37), you can almost peer into the complicated mind of this very talented artist.
The rich art and life of Van Gogh is truly enough motivation to book a plane to Amsterdam. However, this is not the only reason why people love Amsterdam. The area surrounding the museum that is dedicated to this seminal artist is a thing to behold as well.
Where to Stay
If you're planning to pay the Van Gogh museum a visit, you can either begin or end your journey by first checking in at a hotel in Amsterdam. You can also choose to get an accommodation at hotels located in the neighboring areas of the capital city of the Netherlands. For instance, if you happen to be in Belgium, particularly in Bruges, then getting an accommodation at a hotel bruges would be your best choice. Bruges hotels are mostly a two-hour drive to the various tourist destinations in Amsterdam.
When planning to visit the Van Gogh museum, it is recommended to always be prepared. Find out details like opening hours and directions on how to get there among other important information you'd need.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson