ALL >> Education >> View Article
You Can Judge A Book By Its Cover
Total Articles: 41
Remember the old saying "You can't judge a book by its cover"? Well that isn't always true, especially in book publishing. A books cover is its first impression, and everyone knows "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression".
With this being said, its a good idea for authors who are self publishing their own books to spend the time it takes to create a cover that is fitting for your book and eye catching as well.
Unless you are able to create a killer cover for your book, you are doing your work an injustice if you don't enlist the help of a professional for this part of the job. Especially with an unknown author, you want people to be drawn to your book at first sight, this gives them the reason to investigate a little deeper and decide whether or not they want to buy it.
When planning the cover for your book there are a few options open to you. You can have your cover done in artwork, which will mean that you need to commission an artist to come up with a cover for you if you aren't artistically inclined. If its photos you want you can either take them yourself or buy the rights to someone else's photo. You can also do a combination of both. However you chose to do it, your book's cover isn't a decision you want to handle lightly since it may decide how many copies your book will sell.
eBook covers are a whole different subject entirely. Not only will you need to come up with a cover that will look good in a digital format but in the case of eReaders, size does matter. With the availability of different kinds of eReaders, they also have different formatting and screen sizes. A standard rule of thumb is that you can stick with one standard size of 600px X 800px to keep from having white margins or the scrunched up appearance that will distort your cover. Here again a safe bet is to get some help with creating your eBook cover.
Ask for help
Your site you use for self publishing can help you with creating the perfect cover to fit your perfect book. Several of the self-publishing sites offer packages and add-ons that you can choose to put the finishing touches on your book so it makes a literary splash.
Don't be afraid to ask for help, the important thing is that you are able to share your thoughts with people, so make sure your book has a fighting chance to get into their hands.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar