ALL >> Education >> View Article
Planning And Self Publishing A Book
Total Articles: 37
Self publishing a book is one of the quickest ways to get your work into the hands of readers. There's a long writing process to consider before you can think about that, however. It's often difficult to find the inspiration and drive to complete a novel. If you've never written one before, or even if you have but found it to be a draining experience, learning how to effectively plan a novel will help you simplify the process in the future. You will then be in a great position to create a successful final product that you will be proud to share with the world.
The Planning Process
Everyone writes books differently but, for most people, it's best to start out with a planning stage. If you already have a vague story idea in your head, the first thing to do is flesh it out into a detailed plan. Taking a structured approach may not sound particularly appealing, but it is the best way to ensure you finish your project. Start by writing a page long description of each of the main characters. What are they like and what will they achieve by the end of the book? Then try writing a page long description of the plot. Once you've done this, go through it adding in extra detail wherever you can. Complete this process a number of times until you have a four or five page long description. At this stage, open a spreadsheet on your computer and write a one-line description of every single scene that will feature in your book. Once finished, this will serve as the skeleton of your story.
Completing and Self Publishing a Book
Now you are ready to start writing the first draft. With the basic structure in place, you can simply work progressively through your plan, writing a scene for each sentence in your spreadsheet list. Don't worry about making the first draft perfect, just try and get words down on paper. Once that's done, it's often a good idea to take a break from the project. Leave it for a few weeks before returning and improving it. You may want to repeat this process several times. When you have completed your manuscript, it's time to get it published. Self publishing a book guarantees your project will be printed, and gives you a chance to make money by selling it. It is an increasingly popular way for new authors to break into the sometimes cliquey world of publishing. Self publishing a book you have written also gives you full control over the release, and ensures you have the freedom to work without externally imposed deadlines.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy