ALL >> Education >> View Article
Why Its Important To Publish An Ebook
Total Articles: 38
In June, the Association of American Publishers announced that for the first time, ebook sales exceeded hardcover sales (not including children's books).
Some will say that books are a thing of the past. That statement would depend on what you mean when you use the word "book". The act of reading isn't dying away, but rather the way we read that is changing. It is now easier to read ebooks because you are able to read them on an ereader, tablet, computer or phone. With apps that sync the book you are reading, you can pick up where you left off on a different device and never lose your place. No more bookmarks to lose, I personally like that idea.
According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, about 20 percent of U.S. adults have read an ebook in the past year. Ebook readers usually read more books than readers of print books. Typical ebook readers read an average of 24 books in the past year, while those who prefer print books, read an average of 15 books.
The statistics also find that ebook sales this year have risen 49.4% in the adult books category, 475.1% in the children's and young adult category and 150.7% in the religious publications category.
Publishing an ebook is less expensive than a print book, which means more profits for the author. Less expensive also means that you have a good deal of movement when deciding on the sale price of your book. Another significant benefit to publishing an ebook is there isn't a need to carry a physical copy so your book will always be in stock and available for sale.
It's possible to have millions of people reading your book within 48 hours of submitting it for publication. Without having to package and ship your book makes it a lot easier to sell an ebook then it is to sell a print book.
Even if you want to publish a print book no matter what, creating an ebook to go along with it can be a very good marketing decision. In a sense you will have all of your bases covered by offering the reader the choice on which format he wants to purchase your book in.
If you strictly want to go with the ebook over the print format you still can't go wrong because just about everyone has access to a computer or ereader device and will still be able to read your book. It's pretty much a win, win situation or if nothing else a very shrewd marketing decision.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media