ALL >> Education >> View Article
Why Its Important To Publish An Ebook
Total Articles: 38
In June, the Association of American Publishers announced that for the first time, ebook sales exceeded hardcover sales (not including children's books).
Some will say that books are a thing of the past. That statement would depend on what you mean when you use the word "book". The act of reading isn't dying away, but rather the way we read that is changing. It is now easier to read ebooks because you are able to read them on an ereader, tablet, computer or phone. With apps that sync the book you are reading, you can pick up where you left off on a different device and never lose your place. No more bookmarks to lose, I personally like that idea.
According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, about 20 percent of U.S. adults have read an ebook in the past year. Ebook readers usually read more books than readers of print books. Typical ebook readers read an average of 24 books in the past year, while those who prefer print books, read an average of 15 books.
The statistics also find that ebook sales this year have risen 49.4% in the adult books category, 475.1% in the children's and young adult category and 150.7% in the religious publications category.
Publishing an ebook is less expensive than a print book, which means more profits for the author. Less expensive also means that you have a good deal of movement when deciding on the sale price of your book. Another significant benefit to publishing an ebook is there isn't a need to carry a physical copy so your book will always be in stock and available for sale.
It's possible to have millions of people reading your book within 48 hours of submitting it for publication. Without having to package and ship your book makes it a lot easier to sell an ebook then it is to sell a print book.
Even if you want to publish a print book no matter what, creating an ebook to go along with it can be a very good marketing decision. In a sense you will have all of your bases covered by offering the reader the choice on which format he wants to purchase your book in.
If you strictly want to go with the ebook over the print format you still can't go wrong because just about everyone has access to a computer or ereader device and will still be able to read your book. It's pretty much a win, win situation or if nothing else a very shrewd marketing decision.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.