ALL >> Education >> View Article
Never Give Up On Your Dream To Become Published
Total Articles: 38
1. Believe Everything Happens for a Reason
"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." A quote from Paulo Coehlo's, The Alchemist. It may seem a bit too 'new age' for some, but I call on it every time I feel the world starting to tumble down around me. In a former life, when I was twenty-one years old, I landed a job right out of college as an engineer at a well established local manufacturer, they had just celebrated their 100th year in business. I couldn't get any luckier. The pay was incredible and I thought I had the world by the tail. I bought a new car, a house and all the furnishings. Six months later, the company declared bankruptcy and shut the doors leaving me out in the cold with a mound of debt and no severance package to even get me through the month. I was devastated and petrified. I thought my world had come to an end. I frantically updated my resume and began sending it out. Within a week, I landed a dream job making thirty percent more than I was earning, with a company that went on to invest in my education and professional development. I would never have been afforded such opportunities had I not lost my job. As it turned out, my job loss was a blessing in disguise. I could share so many more examples that have happened over the years, but just remember, when you feel like the world is out to get you, it just may be working to usher in a much greater opportunity in your life.
2. Recognize Your Accomplishments Thus Far
Take some time to sit down and make a list of all the things you have accomplished thus far in your life. This simple activity will help recharge your self-confidence and remind you that you are more than capable of achieving some very daunting tasks.
3. Seek Out Motivation
Watch or listen to a motivational video. Anthony Robbins, Jack Canfield, and Brian Tracy are just a few that can lift you back out of your funk. And you can get instant gratification on Youtube.
4. Find Strength in Others' Stories
Read other people's stories on overcoming adversity. Inspiringcommunity.org is a great free source to read about those who have persevered through difficult circumstances along with guideposts.org and letshearyourstory.com.
5. Go for a Walk
Get out and clear your head. Take a walk through the park, run some trails, sit on the shore and listen to the ocean or, visit an aquarium or zoo. Communing with nature can do wonders for the mind and soul and can clear your head of all the static so you can actually hear the direction you need to take to be successful.
Education Articles1. Creativity And Creative Thinking
Author: Billy Mason
2. Huge Career Opportunities In Salesforce Field Today
Author: Riley Louis
3. The Tuition Classes For Kids In Dwarka Can Make A Difference To Excel In Maths And Science
4. 4 Basic Skills Of Hr Management
5. How To Create Business Unit
6. Overview Of Talend
7. How To Choose The Best Nata Coaching Centres In Chennai
8. Ibm Mainframe Training In Hyderabad
Author: IBM Mainframe Training in Hyderabad
9. Hire The Best Writing Company With Qualified Writers
Author: steve robert
10. Augment Visual Learning With posters
Author: Roomana Basha
11. Need Of The Hour For Every Student Or Professional - Wealth Management Course
12. I Want To Write Ios Apps. Where Do I Start?
13. Become A Professional With Python And Move Ahead With The World
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. When The Chords Of Piano Entice The Heart Of South Delhi
Author: symphony South
15. How Cognos Bi Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?