ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Reasons Why You Should Submit Your Site To Web DirectoryBy Expert Author: Ray Smilgius
If you have a website and are looking for more traffic, then web directories are best place to submit your site to. A web directory is a website which contains links to other websites in it. Sites are well organized into categories and sub categories. Sites are arranged according to their themes.
Some users consider web directories and search engines as the same. In search engines users have to type in keyword and then numbers of sites are displayed accordingly. These sites may or may not contain the data required by user. But in web directories user just have to click on the heading which links them to the site required.
You can submit your site to any of the three categories. Free web directories are those in which user can put his site for free. But its remedy is that it takes some time for your website to be included in web directory. These are beneficial for those businessmen who do not want to spend any amount on advertisements. It can take up to six months for your site to be displayed in web directory. Paid web directories are those which require some amount to be paid by you in order to submit your site to web directory. It takes less time than free directories. Usually it takes a day or a week. Another type of directory is Niche directory. In this type of directory, information about only one particular type of category is given. For example you are looking for “ice cream”, you will go in the directory containing information about food items only.
There is a proper procedure to submit your site in web directories. Each web directory has its own rules and regulations. Web directories are manual edited. Web directories generally require your name, e mail, URL, description and title of your website. You should give the title which suits the content of your website. Manual editors check the content of your website. You should put your site in proper category of web directory as there are chances of your site being rejected. You should not put your web site in web directory if it is under construction. You should use capital letters wherever required in description and title of your website.
You should submit your site to as many web directories as possible. But these directories should have high page rank. Higher is the page rank, higher are the chances of users becoming your client. Web directories should be user friendly. While submitting your site in multiple directories, you should give different description of your site to each of them. You should choose a web directory that allows you to submit links to all pages in your site. This gives better indexing that will allow more users to find your site easily. If you want to exchange links, you should do only with related sites. By following these guidelines you will get high traffic to your site. Higher the traffic, more the visitors and hence more chances of visitors becoming your clients.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing