ALL >> Education >> View Article
Should You Self Publish
Total Articles: 40
In the past years, publishing your work meant a lot of time spent on waiting for your manuscript to get, edited, proof- read, printed and be put on the shelves. Although it seems to be a good option to self publish books and skip the part of waiting endless hours until you finally hold your printed material, there are many pros and cons of self publishing that you should watch out for.
1. The hard work. Although It may seem to be easier to self publish, that is not always the case. You see, when you do this thing on your own you will understand all the hard work that editors, publicists, designers, printers, etc. do in order to finish a shelf- worthy book. You may also have to deal with rejections from publishing companies should they don't find your work worthy. Some would say that publishing an Ebook would lessen the trouble. Not true.
You still need to register for an ISBN number and deal with online bookstores to keep your ebook on their virtual shelves. With self publishing, you get to do all these works without the assistance of the experts. On the other hand, as we are discussing both the pros and cons of self publishing, it will save you a lot of money you are to pay for all the helping hands. Plus, with self publishing, you get to control your own pace in determining the results. You can choose to complete everything at a fast speed or take a slower pace. You get to choose and make your own decisions based on how you see it right.
self publishing is a very lengthy, and tough work. You need to muster more than enough courage to take on the challenges of doing things on your own.
2. The rewards. With self publishing, you are solely credited for the success of your work. Unlike with traditional publishing that even the artist gets most of the attention, it will be such an honor to gloat in your success knowing you did it on your own. However, determining the pros and cons of self publishing will also tell you that once your book or ebook flops, you will have no one to blame but yourself.
The truth of the matter is, you can never say what is the best way to publish a book. Both traditional and self publishing methods require hard work, determination, and patience in order to reap rewards in the end. It may sound as though self publishing will fast- track your writing career but then who knows about what the future may bring?
Maybe it is better to put it this way: not all published authors get successful. So it is not a question of whether or not you should self publish but rather, are you prepared enough to publish? Will you be able to handle either success or disappointment? Know the answers first before choosing which kind of publishing method you should engage yourself in.
Education Articles1. Are You Looking For Online Tutorial For Programming?
2. Private Tuitions From Experienced And Qualified Teachers For The Student’s Development
Author: Hayden Bowden
3. The Impact Of A School On A Child’s Life
4. Documentation Required For Studying At Melbourne Is Easier With Professional Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
5. Seek Admission In Igcse Schools In Bangalore
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
6. Learning Objectives Of Itil® Foundation Training Program
7. 4 Ways To Eradicate Guitar Vacillation
Author: Almaden School of Music & Art
8. Hire A Consultant Today Far Dissertation Writing
Author: Dissertation Help
9. Dyslexia Software Goes One Click - Ghotit Dyslexia
10. What Is Digital Marketing
Author: rakesh verma
11. Sap Hana Driving Big Data Startups
12. Why We Stereotype Engineering?
Author: ponting brown
13. Why Best Educational Apps For Kids Succeeds
Author: ponting brown
14. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy In An Online Business
15. A Week At Homeschool