ALL >> Education >> View Article
Should You Self Publish
Total Articles: 40
In the past years, publishing your work meant a lot of time spent on waiting for your manuscript to get, edited, proof- read, printed and be put on the shelves. Although it seems to be a good option to self publish books and skip the part of waiting endless hours until you finally hold your printed material, there are many pros and cons of self publishing that you should watch out for.
1. The hard work. Although It may seem to be easier to self publish, that is not always the case. You see, when you do this thing on your own you will understand all the hard work that editors, publicists, designers, printers, etc. do in order to finish a shelf- worthy book. You may also have to deal with rejections from publishing companies should they don't find your work worthy. Some would say that publishing an Ebook would lessen the trouble. Not true.
You still need to register for an ISBN number and deal with online bookstores to keep your ebook on their virtual shelves. With self publishing, you get to do all these works without the assistance of the experts. On the other hand, as we are discussing both the pros and cons of self publishing, it will save you a lot of money you are to pay for all the helping hands. Plus, with self publishing, you get to control your own pace in determining the results. You can choose to complete everything at a fast speed or take a slower pace. You get to choose and make your own decisions based on how you see it right.
self publishing is a very lengthy, and tough work. You need to muster more than enough courage to take on the challenges of doing things on your own.
2. The rewards. With self publishing, you are solely credited for the success of your work. Unlike with traditional publishing that even the artist gets most of the attention, it will be such an honor to gloat in your success knowing you did it on your own. However, determining the pros and cons of self publishing will also tell you that once your book or ebook flops, you will have no one to blame but yourself.
The truth of the matter is, you can never say what is the best way to publish a book. Both traditional and self publishing methods require hard work, determination, and patience in order to reap rewards in the end. It may sound as though self publishing will fast- track your writing career but then who knows about what the future may bring?
Maybe it is better to put it this way: not all published authors get successful. So it is not a question of whether or not you should self publish but rather, are you prepared enough to publish? Will you be able to handle either success or disappointment? Know the answers first before choosing which kind of publishing method you should engage yourself in.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy