ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Think Inside The Box When Choosing Party Snack Food
Total Articles: 5
Yes, you read that correctly. In a world where everyone is being encouraged to “think outside the box” on everything, you can make life simple by going to the box for your party snack food. While we still advocate a little creativity when preparing your easy appetizers, it's okay to start with a little something prepared or pre-made.
There is a sense of pride that comes from slaving away in the kitchen all day to create foods that garner rave reviews. But honestly, who has time for making and baking everything from scratch? Why not turn to making party snack food that begins with something from a box on the store shelf? If you are concerned about calories, there are lots of baked snacks to choose from.
Think of those crackers, chips, and other crunchy goodies that you typically eat by themselves, or use to scoop up a dip. Now imagine them crushed on top of a stuffed mushroom, crumbled into a hefty dip, or even broken into bits in a salad. You can even make easy appetizers from chicken bites covered in crushed cracker bits instead of bread crumbs. Now there's a crunch that delivers!
Some basic ideas to consider:
Sesame crackers in an Asian inspired salad·
Cheese flavored twists crumbled into a mini quiche or bite-sized tid-bit
Garlic and herb crackers coating shrimp poppers
Savory dishes may be the first to come to mind when selecting easy appetizers that call for using crackers, crisps, or baked twists, but why not go sweet and create a simple dessert? There are some great recipes made from basics, like saltines, that can be the perfect dessert finger food for a party. Look at this one from country singer Trisha Yearwood.
35-40 saltine crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line jell-roll pans or cookie sheets with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Arrange crackers on pan in a single layer. Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan, then boil until it turns a caramel color (a few minutes.)
remove from heat and pour over crackers. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes until just bubbly. Remove from the oven and pour chocolate chips over crackers. Once the chips melt a little, spread them over the crackers with a knife. Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until cold. Break up the sheet into pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Have no fear, buy a box of your favorite crunchy bits and create some party snack food that is simple and delicious. Yes, think inside the box.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. The Best Places To Go For Breakfast Hammersmith In London.
Author: Maryam Lola
2. In Search Of The Best Quality Herbal Vaporizer
Author: Benjamin Winterburn
3. Why Catering Is Important At A Morning Meeting?
Author: Hanna Kogan
4. The Freshest And The Most Delectable Spit Roast Catering For Your Big Day
Author: Mario Sazos
5. 5 Essential Restaurant Kitchen Equipment For Your Food Venture
Author: Meenakshi Jain
6. Healthy Meal Delivery Toronto – Ordering Cooked Food To Eat At Home
Author: oliver shin
7. 2018 Medical Foods Marketkey Vendors Analysis, Revenue, Trends & Forecast To 2025
Author: Akash Shahu
8. How To Remain Healthy For Long By Having Indian Veggie-dishes?
Author: Sandeep Sharma
9. 5 Reasons Why You Need To Buy An Under-counter Refrigerator For Your Kitchen
Author: Gizel Gomes
10. Meat Snacks Market 2018 Sale Price, Consumption Volume, Value, Import & Export Report Forecast 2023
Author: Akash Shahu
11. Food Preservatives Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
12. Explore The Best Restaurants In Bhubaneswar And Get The Delicious Food Items
Author: John Watson
13. The Best 10 Breweries Near Old Town, Albuquerque, Nm
Author: Backstreet Grill
14. The Sports Camp In San Francisco To Send Your Kids To
Author: Craig Arnold
15. Does Your Child Love Minecraft?
Author: Craig Arnold