ALL >> Travel >> View Article
A Sneak Peak Into King Island Accommodation Choices
Total Articles: 200
King Island is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Australia. It can be ideally termed as a peaceful paradise where you can unwind at your own pace. The islanders are very friendly and hospitable and that is the reason why visitors feel like coming back again. This pristine island is located in Bass Strait, which is between the North West coast of Tasmania and Victoria. Surfers from all over the world flock here to experience the beautiful beaches of Australia that surrounds the island. King Island is also famous for delicacies like crayfish, beef and cheese.
Regarding King Island accommodation, there is a wide range of options to choose from. You will find hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday cottages, cabins and farm stays. With the islanders being extremely hospitable, you can definitely expect to have an enjoyable and memorable stay in the island. Generally, king island accommodation packages are available in four areas. You can seek accommodation in the main town, the harbor town, the east coast and the coastal or rural areas. Out of these, the coastal areas are secluded where you can experience the calming effect of the waves that hit the beach at frequent intervals.
Within the island, there are many places to see. You can go on island trails, guided tours and self-guided tours to explore King Island. If you want to wander off the beaten track to discover new and interesting places then you can take a couple of trail maps to help you track these places. You can also go on guided tours offered by locals to see the best spots in the island. You will spot many surprising sights like lighthouses, lunar landscapes, platypus and penguins. There are visitors who prefer to go on self-guided tours wandering for days on the island hoping to see something new. If you have the spirit to roam around alone then you might come across rare birds, shipwreck remains etc or may live for a few days with locals to understand their history and lifestyle.
King Island also draws visitors from around the world during annual events like horse racing carnival, long table festival, King Island show, Imperial 20 marathon, Queens cliff to Grassy yacht race, pheasant weekend, Netherby reunion 2016 and King Island Golf Open. All these events are held one after the other starting from January and continuing until November. Therefore, you can expect to have a good time in King Island at any time of the year.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David