ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
About Arizona Scorpions
Total Articles: 37
One thing that often comes to mind when people think of Arizona are scorpions and especially the bark scorpion. We often get asked, “What can we do to not have scorpions?”, or in some cases, “how can I get rid of my bark scorpions?”
Like many other pest control projects, scorpion control is rather difficult for the do it yourselfer, because without the formal training on chemicals, Integrated Pest Management strategies and actually the identification of species of scorpion, not all scorpions in Arizona are Bark Scorpion, one might never solve the problem.
The most important steps a homeowner or building owner can follow are to understand and modify the area surrounding the structure or house.
The top 10 things you can do to reduce scorpions around your home.
1. Remove all harborages – that means get rid of trash, piles of anything, especially logs, boards, stones, bricks that may be a great place for scorpions to call home.
2. Keep the yard trimmed – this means bushes, shrubs and trees – scorpions will use them all as a path to the home or even to the roof in the case of branches hanging over the house. Ground cover may be nice and look good, but it is also cover for scorpions, as well as a possible harborage for other pests that the scorpion desires for lunch.
3. Keep the garbage containers off the ground – put in a metal frame that lifts them above the soil, and does not allow a dark covered space for scorpions to hang out.
4. Do not bring in firewood and set it down – only bring firewood in to place on the fire – this will take some practice, and yes, you might have to make a trip outside a time or two in the evening.
5. Make sure all doors and windows are sealed – use the proper weather-stripping – if you can see light, the scorpions can get in.
6. If you have brick or block homes – any weep holes in the brick veneer need sealed with steel wool or weep hole plugs to keep insects and scorpions from getting between the wall and veneer.
7. All cracks need to be sealed – make sure to seal around pipes, under stucco trim (don’t seal air vent holes) and any other cracks into the building.
8. Make sure window screens are in good shape and fit the window opening tightly.
9. Manage the scorpion food source – have a regular pest control service in place – don’t skip or miss.
10. Call Invader Pest Management to become your professional pest management company at your property, they are the best.
There are approximately 36 species of scorpions in Arizona however the one species of scorpion that causes the most medical problems is the Bark Scorpion. The bark scorpion is one of the smaller species of scorpion in Arizona, reaching approximately 1 1/4” inches at maturity. Its color may vary from light tan to a darker brown. The Bark scorpion does like wood piles, palm trees and pine trees with thick bark.
Arizona’s Bark Scorpion is the most dangerous scorpion in the United States. When found inside of homes it is common to see the bark scorpion climbing walls and clinging to the ceiling, most other scorpions are not climbers.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. Qualities To Keep In Mind While Selecting Wallpapers In India
2. Small Bathroom Designs That Make Them Seem Large
Author: sunita arvind
3. Why It Is Important To Choose A Sleeping Mattress Carefully?
Author: Ahmed Ali
4. Create Your Home Bar For The Best Relaxing Experience
Author: Luis Alderman
5. Buy Best Room Ac, Air Conditioner 1.5 Ton Online At Attractive Prices
Author: Divya Sharma
6. Tips For Selecting Furniture For Your New Home
Author: Michael Daniels
7. Small Room Reworking Solutions
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
8. 7 Questions About Plant Breeder Services Every Gardener Should Ask
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. 8 Important Dump Cart Safety Tips
Author: Michael Foley
10. Advice Pertaining To Getting Any Locksmith.
Author: Bob Smith
11. What Is The Pool Compliance Checklist For A Safe Pool?
Author: Carol Donvito
12. Buy Home Decoration Items Online
Author: Nishant Sahu
13. 10 Doubts You Should Clarify About Builders
Author: Mark Trescothic
14. Choosing Flowers For Special Occasions
Author: Ross Barkely
15. The Interior Designers In Bangalore Realize Your Dream Home Within Your Budget