ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
About Arizona Scorpions
Total Articles: 37
One thing that often comes to mind when people think of Arizona are scorpions and especially the bark scorpion. We often get asked, “What can we do to not have scorpions?”, or in some cases, “how can I get rid of my bark scorpions?”
Like many other pest control projects, scorpion control is rather difficult for the do it yourselfer, because without the formal training on chemicals, Integrated Pest Management strategies and actually the identification of species of scorpion, not all scorpions in Arizona are Bark Scorpion, one might never solve the problem.
The most important steps a homeowner or building owner can follow are to understand and modify the area surrounding the structure or house.
The top 10 things you can do to reduce scorpions around your home.
1. Remove all harborages – that means get rid of trash, piles of anything, especially logs, boards, stones, bricks that may be a great place for scorpions to call home.
2. Keep the yard trimmed – this means bushes, shrubs and trees – scorpions will use them all as a path to the home or even to the roof in the case of branches hanging over the house. Ground cover may be nice and look good, but it is also cover for scorpions, as well as a possible harborage for other pests that the scorpion desires for lunch.
3. Keep the garbage containers off the ground – put in a metal frame that lifts them above the soil, and does not allow a dark covered space for scorpions to hang out.
4. Do not bring in firewood and set it down – only bring firewood in to place on the fire – this will take some practice, and yes, you might have to make a trip outside a time or two in the evening.
5. Make sure all doors and windows are sealed – use the proper weather-stripping – if you can see light, the scorpions can get in.
6. If you have brick or block homes – any weep holes in the brick veneer need sealed with steel wool or weep hole plugs to keep insects and scorpions from getting between the wall and veneer.
7. All cracks need to be sealed – make sure to seal around pipes, under stucco trim (don’t seal air vent holes) and any other cracks into the building.
8. Make sure window screens are in good shape and fit the window opening tightly.
9. Manage the scorpion food source – have a regular pest control service in place – don’t skip or miss.
10. Call Invader Pest Management to become your professional pest management company at your property, they are the best.
There are approximately 36 species of scorpions in Arizona however the one species of scorpion that causes the most medical problems is the Bark Scorpion. The bark scorpion is one of the smaller species of scorpion in Arizona, reaching approximately 1 1/4” inches at maturity. Its color may vary from light tan to a darker brown. The Bark scorpion does like wood piles, palm trees and pine trees with thick bark.
Arizona’s Bark Scorpion is the most dangerous scorpion in the United States. When found inside of homes it is common to see the bark scorpion climbing walls and clinging to the ceiling, most other scorpions are not climbers.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi