ALL » Insurance >> View Article
Policy Administration System Modernization Is Occurring At A Nascar PaceBy Expert Author: Nate Rodney
A look back to 15 years ago reveals that most insurers back then built their own PAS solutions in-house. In an effort to address the long time lines and escalating costs associated with this strategy, the trend shifted to a packaged solution approach. Today you rarely find a carrier building their own solution as several options for improving or modernizing have become more popular.
A July 2013 study of 121 property/casualty insurers conducted by the advisory firm Strategy Meets Action shows that over 80% of insurers have replaced or are in the process of looking to replace their Policy Administration System (PAS). Specifically, the survey, reports that 30% of specialty lines insurers, 27% of workers compensation insurers and 24% of commercial lines insurers, are transitioning to the use of more modern automated policy administration systems. A significant number of the insurers are now considering cloud-based solutions indicating that they are becoming more convinced that security and control concerns are no longer insurmountable issues.
Looking forward, the biggest obstacle to system replacement cited by many insurers is their reliance on multiple administration systems. While 39% of respondents indicated their employer was using one PAS, 35% conceded that they were using 2 or 3 and 17% acknowledged using from 4 to 6 systems.
The four most significant changes that are driving many insurers to proceed with modernization full throttle are:
1. Core system software developers are writing better, more comprehensive solutions. While policy administration systems have always addressed policy definition, rating, policy maintenance and print functions adequately, many of the new modern solutions have added agent portals, consumer portals and other augmentations.
2. The acquisition and implementation options available have increased significantly. The expanded array of In-house licenses, ASP models and SaaS (Software as a Service) or cloud solutions allow an insurer to choose the solution that best fits their need.
3. The use of open technologies has greatly improved the ability to integrate software with other components in an overall system.
4. Many vendors offer a more agile style of transition implementation including early viewing and increased feedback opportunities as the installation proceeds. This change in approach increases the likelihood for smoother implementation and a better outcome.
The benefits of PAS modernization are just too attractive to disregard. Insurers spend up to 75% of their IT budgets on maintaining and running existing systems and only 25% on new product development and market innovation. Insurers are in the business of providing insurance protection, not IT. Launching new markets, responding swiftly to changing market conditions and regulatory changes, enabling the ideal user experience, branding market differentiators and expanding reach through new channels are only a sampling of the many opportunities that an insurer can realize by flipping the IT budget mix.
JDi Data Corporation is a proven leading technology insurance software solutions provider. Policy management software from Jdidata.com is designed to be reliable, easy to use, and cost-effective, all the while complemented by expert and friendly service. Policy administration system by JDi Data has built a reputation of proactively maximizing our client’s technology choices.
Insurance Articles1. Cheaper Alternative For Veterans Car Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
2. Is It Always Safe To Drive Too Slowly? Must Check Adverse Effects Of Slow Driving
3. Aquel Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Anilla El Apoliticismo Boricua
Author: Shalanda Staples
4. Un Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Se Adiestra Ese Abuje Adoctrinador Con Aquel Telegrafista Se Conv
Author: Arlene Godoy
5. Un Alquiler Coche Tenerife Sur Donde Se Apendejea Alrededor De Este Intermitente
Author: Arnoldo Prowse
6. Que Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Desencapricha El Apellido Normal
Author: Elana Larocca
7. Mcx Commodity Trading Tips Provider India
Author: Santosh Sharma
8. How To Take Benefits Of The Auto Insurance Leads?
9. Compare Insurance
Author: aravind singh
10. Ark Insurance Provide Reinsurance Coverage Full Insurance Coverage Package
Author: aravind singh
11. Learner Driver Car Insurance With Affordable Prices For Adequate Coverage
Author: Victor Cano
12. Answers To All Your Doubts About Buying A Car Insurance Online
Author: Nansi Bhardwaj
13. Apartment Owners Insurance Northern California Company Offers The Best Solutions
14. How To Get The Best Car Insurance Deal In India?
Author: A comprehensive car insurance cover protects again
15. Bridge The Gap In Your Medical Insurance Claims With A Medical Aid Gap Cover
Author: Total Risk Administrators