ALL >> Travel >> View Article
King Island Accommodation Packages To Suit Your Budget And Preference
Total Articles: 200
King Island is not just about beautiful beaches and tranquility that attract tourists from far and wide all through the year. There are carnivals, festivals, unique events, races and sports meets that will keep you occupied. Almost every month starting from January you can witness events that are organized in a sequence. Every year in December-January, the King island Racing Club organizes a horse racing carnival. The highlights of the event are community gatherings and food fest. In mid-February it is time for long table festival. Celebrated during the weekend, the festivities begin with families gathering together to prepare different food items which is shared amongst locals and tourists. It is a festival of friendship, hospitality and food.
In the first week of March, you can witness the King island show, which is a combination of horticultural, agricultural and pastoral society show. It is a major annual event comprising pet competitions, cattle and wool judging, art and craft displays and horse riding shows. Special delicacies are put on sale with donuts being the top draw. In the second week of March, a unique running event named Imperial 20 marathon is organized. It is a 32 km handicapped marathon that starts from the east coast and ends in the west coast. In the same month, a yacht race is held with yachts competing with each other while sailing into the Grassy harbor. Locals and tourists can enjoy great food and refreshments during the event.
In June, the islanders celebrate the pheasant weekend whereby licenses are issued to participants to shoot pheasant on named properties. Membership cards are issued for a fee which is utilized to keep the number of pheasant in the fields under check.
For sports lovers it is the King Island Golf Open which draws them in hordes during November. It is a 36-hole golfing event for both men and women golfers. Any golfer with AGU handicap can participate in this event. It concludes with a sumptuous dinner at the clubhouse.
With so many things to do, you would be definitely wondering about King Island accommodation. The options regarding accommodation are many. You can choose hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday cottages, cabins as well as farm stays. Moreover king island accommodation packages are offered in different areas according to your preference. You may want to stay in the main town or the harbor town within city limits. There are also options to stay in the east coast and the coastal or rural areas.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson