ALL >> Travel >> View Article
King Island Accommodation Packages To Suit Your Budget And Preference
Total Articles: 200
King Island is not just about beautiful beaches and tranquility that attract tourists from far and wide all through the year. There are carnivals, festivals, unique events, races and sports meets that will keep you occupied. Almost every month starting from January you can witness events that are organized in a sequence. Every year in December-January, the King island Racing Club organizes a horse racing carnival. The highlights of the event are community gatherings and food fest. In mid-February it is time for long table festival. Celebrated during the weekend, the festivities begin with families gathering together to prepare different food items which is shared amongst locals and tourists. It is a festival of friendship, hospitality and food.
In the first week of March, you can witness the King island show, which is a combination of horticultural, agricultural and pastoral society show. It is a major annual event comprising pet competitions, cattle and wool judging, art and craft displays and horse riding shows. Special delicacies are put on sale with donuts being the top draw. In the second week of March, a unique running event named Imperial 20 marathon is organized. It is a 32 km handicapped marathon that starts from the east coast and ends in the west coast. In the same month, a yacht race is held with yachts competing with each other while sailing into the Grassy harbor. Locals and tourists can enjoy great food and refreshments during the event.
In June, the islanders celebrate the pheasant weekend whereby licenses are issued to participants to shoot pheasant on named properties. Membership cards are issued for a fee which is utilized to keep the number of pheasant in the fields under check.
For sports lovers it is the King Island Golf Open which draws them in hordes during November. It is a 36-hole golfing event for both men and women golfers. Any golfer with AGU handicap can participate in this event. It concludes with a sumptuous dinner at the clubhouse.
With so many things to do, you would be definitely wondering about King Island accommodation. The options regarding accommodation are many. You can choose hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday cottages, cabins as well as farm stays. Moreover king island accommodation packages are offered in different areas according to your preference. You may want to stay in the main town or the harbor town within city limits. There are also options to stay in the east coast and the coastal or rural areas.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah