ALL >> Travel >> View Article
King Island Accommodation Packages To Suit Your Budget And Preference
Total Articles: 200
King Island is not just about beautiful beaches and tranquility that attract tourists from far and wide all through the year. There are carnivals, festivals, unique events, races and sports meets that will keep you occupied. Almost every month starting from January you can witness events that are organized in a sequence. Every year in December-January, the King island Racing Club organizes a horse racing carnival. The highlights of the event are community gatherings and food fest. In mid-February it is time for long table festival. Celebrated during the weekend, the festivities begin with families gathering together to prepare different food items which is shared amongst locals and tourists. It is a festival of friendship, hospitality and food.
In the first week of March, you can witness the King island show, which is a combination of horticultural, agricultural and pastoral society show. It is a major annual event comprising pet competitions, cattle and wool judging, art and craft displays and horse riding shows. Special delicacies are put on sale with donuts being the top draw. In the second week of March, a unique running event named Imperial 20 marathon is organized. It is a 32 km handicapped marathon that starts from the east coast and ends in the west coast. In the same month, a yacht race is held with yachts competing with each other while sailing into the Grassy harbor. Locals and tourists can enjoy great food and refreshments during the event.
In June, the islanders celebrate the pheasant weekend whereby licenses are issued to participants to shoot pheasant on named properties. Membership cards are issued for a fee which is utilized to keep the number of pheasant in the fields under check.
For sports lovers it is the King Island Golf Open which draws them in hordes during November. It is a 36-hole golfing event for both men and women golfers. Any golfer with AGU handicap can participate in this event. It concludes with a sumptuous dinner at the clubhouse.
With so many things to do, you would be definitely wondering about King Island accommodation. The options regarding accommodation are many. You can choose hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday cottages, cabins as well as farm stays. Moreover king island accommodation packages are offered in different areas according to your preference. You may want to stay in the main town or the harbor town within city limits. There are also options to stay in the east coast and the coastal or rural areas.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar