ALL >> Health >> View Article
Early Signs Of Tooth Enamel Loss And How To Manage It
Total Articles: 31
Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in every human’s body. It serves as a covering that protects the outside of your teeth. Unfortunately, acid can harm them. It softens the tooth enamel temporarily that when you brush your teeth immediately after intake, you make it thinner and then it becomes easier to wear out. You will know you are beginning to suffer from this with these early signs of tooth enamel loss:
The most obvious sign that your tooth enamel is gone is the whitening of the tips of your teeth. This happens because the tips are becoming thinner than the roots. In some cases, they even appear to be transparent.
Your teeth look rounded or shorter.
Soon as the tooth enamel wears out, the inner and softer dentin tissue becomes exposed and causes sensitivity. You will then experience pain from hot and cold food and drinks, and when you give pressure to your teeth like biting down a piece of candy.
Cracked Tooth Edges
Also among the early signs of tooth enamel loss are cracked tooth edges. You are losing your tooth enamel if you discover that the edges of your tooth begin to crack and feel rough.
Because tooth enamel has no living cells, there is no way it can repair itself. Soon as it is gone, the damage is already permanent. Hence, it is important to note that if your tooth enamel is showing early signs of wearing out, you should do things to avoid giving it further damage. These include:
1. Avoid or reduce your intake of acidic foods. If you can’t help eating foods rich in acid, make it a point to consume it within five minutes. Similarly, eat them during mealtimes to make sure that the acid stays in your teeth for a limited time only. Wait for 20 minutes before brushing your teeth to avoid harming the softened enamel. Use fluoride toothpaste because it assists in the strengthening of your teeth. Ask recommendation from your dentist.
2. Use straw when drinking beverages high in acid like wine, soda and fruit juices to minimize the contact of acid in your teeth.
3. Stay hydrated to keep your mouth from drying out and to eliminate food debris inside it.
4. Make flossing a daily habit. This will help you get rid of plaque buildup and bacteria in between teeth.
5. Visit your dentist twice a year. He will be able to monitor the health of your tooth enamel and do the necessary treatments.
Early signs of tooth enamel loss will give you the motivation to protect your tooth enamel even more. But if your problem with tooth enamel can no longer be prevented with these techniques, you should see your dentist in Chandler AZ. He may recommend dental treatments like tooth bonding, sealant or crown, which will serve as a new covering for your teeth. Either of these procedures will help avoid further damage to your tooth enamel.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel