ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (bachelor Of Arts In Special Education)
Total Articles: 215
Special education programs are designed for children who are mentally, physically or psychologically handicapped. These children have special requirements which cannot be met in a traditional classroom environment. Special education involves the use of different techniques of teaching which are particularly designed to meet the needs of the handicapped students. Those who are patient and enjoy working with children may choose to enroll in a Bachelor of special education degree to take the first step towards becoming a special education teacher.
This program brings together field participation and academics. The combination of coursework and experience in the classroom will prepare you for teaching in the real world. Will you learn how to deal with your students' unique needs? Yes, you will - that's part of the job. Will you get the opportunity to make an impact on kids when it matters most? Yes, you will - that's part of the job.
What can I do with my bachelor's degree in Education (Special Education)?
When you finish your B.A. in Education, Special Ed. degree program (and pass any state-required exams), you'll be qualified to teach Special Education students in any public or private schools that require the Washington state residency certificate. Or explore other opportunities:
Teaching in other states (depending on the state)
Pursuing an advanced degree
Student Learning Goals
Candidates majoring in special education are expected to commit to demonstrating three broad program outcomes: (a) understanding their students’ needs and contexts, (b) collaboratively planning and implementing effective learning experiences, and (c) continuously assessing the effects of their professional choices. The 10 specific program standards derived from the content and developmental standards promulgated by the Indiana Professional Standards Board are consistent with INTASC and Council for Exceptional Children standards. The program standards include the following areas:
2. Development and Characteristics of Learners
3. Individual Learning Difference
4. Instructional Strategies
5. Learning Environments and Social Interactions
7. Instructional Planning
9. Professional and Ethical Practice
A general program that focuses on the design and provision of teaching and other educational services to children or adults with special learning needs or disabilities, and that may prepare individuals to function as special education teachers. Includes instruction in diagnosing learning disabilities, developing individual education plans, teaching and supervising special education students, special education counseling, and applicable laws and policies.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.