ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (bachelor Of Arts In History)
Total Articles: 215
The history program Online is designed for students interested in studying modern America, Europe and Asia. An experienced and diverse faculty will offer an array of courses to provide students with an enhanced understanding of history and with information needed to enable students to think critically, write coherently and identify significant issues impacting the modern world.
The history program is flexible and student oriented and geared to prepare majors for several careers and for graduate and professional schools. Students who graduate with a history degree find numerous options for employment and can apply for the following jobs: teacher, advertising executive, analyst, archivist, broadcaster, campaign worker, consultant, congressional aide, editor, foreign service officer, foundation staffer, information specialist, intelligence agent, journalist, legal assistant, lobbyist, personnel manager, public relations staffer, researcher and law enforcement officials.
According to two recent studies, history graduates have the highest earning potential of most liberal arts and social science majors and have mid-career earnings similar to graduates with degrees in general business or nursing.
History is a systematic study of the human past in order to use that knowledge to help explain the complexity and diversity of human activities, affairs, ideas, and institutions.
The discipline of history stresses research, analysis, and communication. In the History Program students are educated to recognize the vast and complex range of human experience throughout the centuries, and challenged to discover and explain patterns of continuity and change in relation to historical events and developments. The History Program offers a wide spectrum of courses in African American, U.S., European and wider world history; in the pre-modern and modern eras; in cultural, economic, intellectual, political, religious and social history; and in the specialized areas of applied history, diplomatic history, military, oral history, urban history, and the history of science.
History major can pursue one of two tracks of different lengths: a major in history with a minor in another discipline; or a major in history with a concentration in a particular area of history that has been agreed upon by the student and a history advisor. The History Program has prepared graduates who have pursued graduate studies in history, divinity, law, and education.
Also available to history majors are the option to explore non-teaching career opportunities in the applied history field. In Applied History I students are introduced to history professionals and potential jobs in museums, historic sites, archives, historic preservation, interpretation, management, and many other history-based occupations. Applied History II offers actual hands-on internships, working with history professionals at sites throughout the community.
The history cognate is committed to contributing an essential link in the liberal arts curriculum of Winston-Salem State University. The undergraduate program in history provides an important knowledge base of history and introduces students to the skills of the professional historian.
1. To provide the means for an understanding of historical development so students may become aware of the certainty of change and be prepared to meet it.
2. To provide a solid background for those students who pursue teaching professions in both lower and higher education.
3. To provide a general foundation for students who plan careers in professional fields outside of history.
4. To prepare students for graduate training in history.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Command of historical content
2. Conduct historical research
3. Think critically and analyze documents and artifacts
4. Recognize and evaluate primary and secondary sources
5. Create historical arguments with sufficient and appropriate evidence
6. Utilize multiple perspectives and methodologies
7. Compare and contrast historical processes
8. Identify connections between historical events
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. 5 Ways How Laboratorio Linguistico Software Are Encouraging New Idiom Learners
Author: Carol Fleming
2. 4 Verifiable Benefits Of Using Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
3. What Is Self-regulation And How Can It Help Kids?
Author: Sherry Shellenberger
5. Top Three Reasons For Studying Photogrammetry
6. Did You Read Ever About These Types Of Algorithm Of Machine Learning?
7. Colors Institute Of Interior Designing
8. Importance Of Pastoral Care In Schools
Author: Priya Varma
9. What Does The Transactional Analysis Training Teaches You?
10. Prepare The Online Dba Interview Questions For Securing Your Dream Job
11. How To Go About Speaking Chinese – Picking The Right Chinese Course In Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
12. 5 Important Things To Keep In Mind For Online Examinations
13. Water Zone
14. Exam Jn0-420 – Juniper Network Certified Specialist Automation And Devops (jncis – Devops)
Author: John Miller
15. Selenium Training Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar