ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Enlist Some Major Exclusions Under Mediclaim Policy
Total Articles: 20
We would all like to be covered for critical illness. One of the major inspirations behind why people are interested in health insurance is that it would come in handy just when some of the major illnesses would have to be dealt with. However, mediclaim sometimes does not turn out to be as straight forward as it may seem.
Just like it is vital that you are familiar with some of the key aspects associated with health insurance policy, as in the case of riders, sum assured, and ways of going about health claims, it is important for you to be aware of exclusions when it comes to your insurance policy. This would help set realistic claims about health claims in medical insurance policy.
Incongruence in hospitalisation: One of the major exclusions in terms of critical illness occurs when the hospitalisation is not in line with the diagnosis and treatment involved. You need to understand that mediclaim is meant for specific conditions, as may be listed down as critical illness; hospitalisation that is not directly associated with the illness would be excluded from health claims.
Is the treatment medically necessary? This is a question that your mediclaim insurance policy would be seriously concerned about. For critical illness or other conditions not to be labelled under exclusions, it is important for the surgery or treatment to be medically necessary. If treatment is an option, you could well expect health claims to be excluded.
Most dental treatments are exclusions. While you may have this as a thumb rule, there are always exceptions. However, if the dental care is more of cosmetic in its nature, or if the procedure is associated with orthodontics, your insurance policy may treat it under exclusions.
Pregnancy and associated complications are exclusions. Treatments in pregnancy as well as treatments of complications including childbirth as well as abortions are considered exclusions in health insurance. The exception to this rule is ectopic pregnancy. However, in all other cases, you may not hope for health claims.
Congenital disorders are generally excluded. If you have had a condition that has been there right from birth, your health insurance policy may not be able to do much about it.
Is your hospitalisation purely diagnostic? If so, you may have problems in affecting health claims. Diagnostic procedures need to be followed by active treatments for the diagnosed conditions for the mediclaim policy to be of any use. If your hospitalisation is purely diagnostic with no active treatment or follow-up, your health insurance policy would not honour your claim.
Alternative forms of treatments are exclusions. Health claims are normally restricted to such forms of treatment as may be classified under the allopathic form of medicine. If you were to opt for treatments in other forms of medicine, critical illness or any other condition would not be able to secure the protection offered by mediclaim or health insurance
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Released Accurate And Verified Life Insurance Mailing List For Your Marketing Needs
2. Get A Free Car Insurance Quote Online From Any Auto Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
3. Collector Car Insurance - Top 6 Benefits Of Specialty Collector Car Insurance Companies
Author: Jason Davis
4. Choose The Best Medical Plan For Expatriates Based On Your Requirements
5. Cheaper Home Insurance Premium Strategies
Author: Home Insurance
6. Corporate Health Insurance
7. Get Your Property Insurance Claims From The Best Insurance Claim Advisers
8. What You Need To Know About Fire Damage Insurance Cover?
Author: Claim Makers
9. Chief Benefits Of Having International Medical Policy For Every Individual
10. Tips To Choosing The Right Car Insurance Company
Author: Jason Davis
11. Features Of Term Insurance Policies
12. Features And Benefits Of Ulips
13. Questions To Ask Before Buying A Life Insurance Policy
Author: Ekta Kariya
14. Ontario Travel Insurance For Seniors - Why The Elderly Should Plan For The Unexpected
Author: Joanne Finucan
15. Secure Your Daughter’s Future With Lic Kanyadan Plan