ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Enlist Some Major Exclusions Under Mediclaim Policy
Total Articles: 20
We would all like to be covered for critical illness. One of the major inspirations behind why people are interested in health insurance is that it would come in handy just when some of the major illnesses would have to be dealt with. However, mediclaim sometimes does not turn out to be as straight forward as it may seem.
Just like it is vital that you are familiar with some of the key aspects associated with health insurance policy, as in the case of riders, sum assured, and ways of going about health claims, it is important for you to be aware of exclusions when it comes to your insurance policy. This would help set realistic claims about health claims in medical insurance policy.
Incongruence in hospitalisation: One of the major exclusions in terms of critical illness occurs when the hospitalisation is not in line with the diagnosis and treatment involved. You need to understand that mediclaim is meant for specific conditions, as may be listed down as critical illness; hospitalisation that is not directly associated with the illness would be excluded from health claims.
Is the treatment medically necessary? This is a question that your mediclaim insurance policy would be seriously concerned about. For critical illness or other conditions not to be labelled under exclusions, it is important for the surgery or treatment to be medically necessary. If treatment is an option, you could well expect health claims to be excluded.
Most dental treatments are exclusions. While you may have this as a thumb rule, there are always exceptions. However, if the dental care is more of cosmetic in its nature, or if the procedure is associated with orthodontics, your insurance policy may treat it under exclusions.
Pregnancy and associated complications are exclusions. Treatments in pregnancy as well as treatments of complications including childbirth as well as abortions are considered exclusions in health insurance. The exception to this rule is ectopic pregnancy. However, in all other cases, you may not hope for health claims.
Congenital disorders are generally excluded. If you have had a condition that has been there right from birth, your health insurance policy may not be able to do much about it.
Is your hospitalisation purely diagnostic? If so, you may have problems in affecting health claims. Diagnostic procedures need to be followed by active treatments for the diagnosed conditions for the mediclaim policy to be of any use. If your hospitalisation is purely diagnostic with no active treatment or follow-up, your health insurance policy would not honour your claim.
Alternative forms of treatments are exclusions. Health claims are normally restricted to such forms of treatment as may be classified under the allopathic form of medicine. If you were to opt for treatments in other forms of medicine, critical illness or any other condition would not be able to secure the protection offered by mediclaim or health insurance
Insurance Articles1. Avail Mortgage Adviser North London Services To Find Best Deals In The Market
2. Any Car Insurance Quote Online Will Outline The Basic Price Of The Premium Based On The Information
Author: winds lu
3. How To Find A Good Home Insurance Broker
Author: Jason Davis
4. What Makes Accounting Outsourcing In Dubai A Wise Decision?
Author: Fadi Khan
5. The Life Insurance Brokers London Can Help You Choose The Best Policy That Suits To Your Needs
6. Help From Insurance Adjusters For Property Insurance Claims In New Jersey
7. 3 Reasons To Take A Retirement Insurance Plan
Author: Edelweiss Tokio
8. Maldives: The Blue Lagoon
Author: Pranvi Jain
9. Everything Needs To Know About No Credit Check Installment Loans
10. Avail Life Insurance Brokers London Services To Find The Best Policy Suitable For Your Family Needs
11. Know More About Teenage Auto Insurance Why It Is Expensive But Necessary
Author: Charlene Hubbard
12. Top Reasons You May Need Funeral Insurance In New Zealand
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
13. Critical Illness Insurance, The Way To Ensure The Safety Of Your Loved Ones
Author: Ian Nuwan
14. Insurance In Hong Kong
15. Home Insurance Companies In California And Its Astonishing Benefits
Author: caleagle Insurance