ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Factors To Consider For Roof Repairs And Options In Roof Replacements
Total Articles: 33
Any roof that needs to face extreme Canadian weather year-after-year will require repairs, especially after a violent storm. The material used for the roof will also determine the frequency of repairs as roof repairs will be required more regularly for roofs that are installed using asphalt shingles, wood, tiles, etc.
Several natural elements can hasten repairs on your roof. For instance, sunny weather, rain, ice or snow, trees, moss, algae, and moisture all affect your roof in an adverse manner. If you have not inspected your roof at regular intervals, you will require frequent repairs as you will not be able to stop a small issue turning into a big and costly repair job.
In case of metal roofing, you will only need to inspect your roof for dents or deep scratches that may have damaged the outer protective coating. In case you notice the same, you will need to merely touch up the damaged area with primer or matching paint depending on the intensity of the damage. With a fire rating of Class A and hail rating of Class 4, both top ratings, a metal roof will not only require minimum maintenance and repair, but is also an obvious choice in case you need to rebuild a completely new roof over one damaged beyond repair.
Roofs made out of asphalt or fiberglass shingles, clay tiles, wood, etc., need frequent inspection and repairs. These materials are not as tough or durable as metal and can be easily damaged during a hailstorm. They may be cheap to purchase and install, but in the long run, they require increasing trips to the roof for repairs and maintenance.
Metal offers an excellent alternative. In case your old roof is damaged beyond repair or has outlived its life, metal can be installed right over that existing roof. Metal is light, robust, durable, fire-resistant, environmentally-friendly, and reusable. Metal roofing was previously restricted to low-slope structures, but now standing seam steel roofs are easily installed on steeper roofs.
If your shingles or tiles are damaged in small areas of your roof, you can repair them and replace broken ones. If, however, the damage is intense and has spread to almost all areas of your roof then it may be wise to rebuild your entire roof with a stronger and durable material such as metal.
You can consider various roofing materials such as clay, wood, metal, asphalt, fiberglass, pvc, stone, and concrete in case you need to install a new roof. While roof repairs can help stop the damage from spreading and can extend the life of the roof, you will definitely need to opt for a new one in case of intensive damage.
About the author :
Lewis Benjamin is a self motivated and happy-go-lucky individual. He enjoys challenging himself and experiencing new things in life. He has travelled a lot since he was a kid and is fascinated with different types of housing designs and architectures. In this article, he highlights how metal roofing can act as a true protection against natural elements.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi