ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
What Makes The Internet Beneficial For Senior Citizens?
Total Articles: 55
The Internet is a great work of technology. It has proven its worth as an excellent source of information for any subject known to man. Despite their waning interest in technology, senior citizens too have their share of the graces of the Internet. They deserve web exposure and literacy because it can do them a lot of benefits. Let us take up some of its most beneficial factors to our elders:
1. The Internet helps to alleviate depression in the elderly.
A study conducted by a Phoenix Center in Washington D.C. finds that seniors who spend time on the Internet become more relaxed. The web helps to divert their attention from problems and anxiety which can trigger depression. Keeping elders free from tensions help to keep them in good physical and mental state. Keeping them in good shape reduces the government's expenses on health care for senior citizens.
2. Surfing enhances the cognitive functions of older individuals.
Results of a study performed by the the University of California in Los Angeles suggests that web surfing is beneficial to older individuals, especially those who are over 60-years-old. It is an activity that exercises the brain. It helps to improve their cognitive functions, make them more attentive, responsive and mentally alert.
3. The web educates seniors of new techniques to combat depression.
Knowledge is power. It is one of the most effective ways to understand and combat the psychological and emotional effects of being old and feeling unwanted. Exposing senior citizens to the net and giving them directions on where to find updates about the disorder can help to make them understand their ailments better. The government is spending millions in medication and research related to the disorder. Making the elderly well-informed can contribute to their understanding about their condition. This might give them the ability to help themselves and reduce the burden of the medical staff that provides care for them.
4. Spending time on the Internet helps to stimulate the brain of older individuals.
Older individuals who are allowed to surf the web are more alert and attentive. Web surfing stimulates and exercises the brain. It works to improve cognitive functions of aged individuals whose mental faculties are diminishing with age. Nowadays, it is not uncommon to see aged people on the web. It's a place where anyone one can feel young regardless of his or her actual age.
Additionally, these are the areas where the World Wide Web can contribute for the benefit of our elders. These are:
1. Easy access to information, news, current events, and other matters. Seniors want to know them too;
2. Patients are easy to monitor online;
3. Instructions and other information about remote training are easier to administer;
4. Disease management information - this helps to educate elders about ways they can do to alleviate the symptoms;
5. Cognitive fitness; and
6. Social networking.
These are some of the most visible benefits of the Internet on senior citizens. If you have passed the golden years and you want to maintain your mental alertness, memory, cognitive functions, and social contacts, you should start to befriend your computer and the Internet now.
Dave Carter is an independent consultant for small businesses. His expertise in consumer electronics is backed up by 12 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. Dave encourages you to check www.comparebroadband.com.au to be able to find the best ISP.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Apps Store Optimization First-rate Proper For Increased Mobility And Improve Velocity Download
Author: Dusyant Kumar
2. App Store Optimization Services In India
Author: Vishal Kumar
3. Adsense V/s Adwords
Author: rahul choudhary
4. Top 10 Diamond Buying Tips For Your Engagement Ring
Author: Raymond McDonald
5. What’s New With Odoo Version 11?
Author: Maulik Shah
6. Why Should You Add Some Of The Features Of The Ecommerce Designs On Your Site?
7. Affiliate Marketing Tutorial For Beginners
Author: Talha Yeasin
8. Top Media Production Companies Should Be Selected On The Basis Of Video Production Packages They Off
Author: William Brown
9. How To Select The Best Keywords For Your Auto Dealership
10. Six Common Seo Mistakes Dealers Should Avoid
11. Get A Great Audience View By Our Viral Marketing Services
Author: Manny Be
12. Creative Digital Agency In Sydney To Suit Your Brand’s Needs
Author: Patrick Britto
13. What Makes Wordpress The Best Choice For Developing Small Ecommerce Stores?
Author: Maulik Shah
14. Why Not Take A Poll Before Taking A Decision?
Author: Malcolm Raynor
15. Digital Marketing Agencies & Services In Sydney
Author: Patrick Britto