ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
What Makes The Internet Beneficial For Senior Citizens?
Total Articles: 55
The Internet is a great work of technology. It has proven its worth as an excellent source of information for any subject known to man. Despite their waning interest in technology, senior citizens too have their share of the graces of the Internet. They deserve web exposure and literacy because it can do them a lot of benefits. Let us take up some of its most beneficial factors to our elders:
1. The Internet helps to alleviate depression in the elderly.
A study conducted by a Phoenix Center in Washington D.C. finds that seniors who spend time on the Internet become more relaxed. The web helps to divert their attention from problems and anxiety which can trigger depression. Keeping elders free from tensions help to keep them in good physical and mental state. Keeping them in good shape reduces the government's expenses on health care for senior citizens.
2. Surfing enhances the cognitive functions of older individuals.
Results of a study performed by the the University of California in Los Angeles suggests that web surfing is beneficial to older individuals, especially those who are over 60-years-old. It is an activity that exercises the brain. It helps to improve their cognitive functions, make them more attentive, responsive and mentally alert.
3. The web educates seniors of new techniques to combat depression.
Knowledge is power. It is one of the most effective ways to understand and combat the psychological and emotional effects of being old and feeling unwanted. Exposing senior citizens to the net and giving them directions on where to find updates about the disorder can help to make them understand their ailments better. The government is spending millions in medication and research related to the disorder. Making the elderly well-informed can contribute to their understanding about their condition. This might give them the ability to help themselves and reduce the burden of the medical staff that provides care for them.
4. Spending time on the Internet helps to stimulate the brain of older individuals.
Older individuals who are allowed to surf the web are more alert and attentive. Web surfing stimulates and exercises the brain. It works to improve cognitive functions of aged individuals whose mental faculties are diminishing with age. Nowadays, it is not uncommon to see aged people on the web. It's a place where anyone one can feel young regardless of his or her actual age.
Additionally, these are the areas where the World Wide Web can contribute for the benefit of our elders. These are:
1. Easy access to information, news, current events, and other matters. Seniors want to know them too;
2. Patients are easy to monitor online;
3. Instructions and other information about remote training are easier to administer;
4. Disease management information - this helps to educate elders about ways they can do to alleviate the symptoms;
5. Cognitive fitness; and
6. Social networking.
These are some of the most visible benefits of the Internet on senior citizens. If you have passed the golden years and you want to maintain your mental alertness, memory, cognitive functions, and social contacts, you should start to befriend your computer and the Internet now.
Dave Carter is an independent consultant for small businesses. His expertise in consumer electronics is backed up by 12 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. Dave encourages you to check www.comparebroadband.com.au to be able to find the best ISP.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Top Seo Company Best Digital Agency | 3foxdigital
2. Digital Marketing Companies In Bangalore Can Make Your Presence Felt Online
3. Why Digital Marketing Is Important For Startups?
Author: Neha Sharma
4. Buy Active Instagram Followers
5. Five Ways To Build A Brand For Your Small Business
Author: Infos India
6. 5 Essential Google Seo Strategies You Should Know
7. Channel Letters Signs Are The Best Choice Of Signage For Any Business
Author: Mike Layman
8. Does Url Shortening Help To Maximize Business Seo Ranking?
Author: Tim Boid
9. Is Your Business Website Driving Your Customers Away?
Author: Shane Kinsch
10. Leveraging The Power Of Digital Marketing
Author: Edmund Brunetti
11. Online Construction Directory – Your Key To A Great Marketing Strategy
Author: John Tremblay
12. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
13. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
14. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
15. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article