ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Enjoy Free Activities In Major Cities
Total Articles: 468
You can save money when planning a vacation not only by taking advantage of cheap travel deals, such as cheap fares, cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages, but also by checking out the free activities that many cities have to offer.
The following are a few examples of very appealing no cost entertainment options offered by select cities:
• Many of Las Vegas’ larger hotels offer free unforgettable entertainment such as the Volcano at the Mirage and the Fountains of Bellagio which hourly puts on a water, light, and music show. The Wildlife Habitat at Flamingo is where visitors go to admire the hotel’s pink mascot, as well as koi, ducks, turtles, and swans.
Live “mermaids” swim in an 117,000 gallon aquarium with stingrays, sharks and thousands of beautiful topical fish at the free Silverton’s Mermaid Show. Many free concerts and performances can be found downtown at First Friday Las Vegas.
• Chicago attracts pier strolling enthusiasts as well as those who enjoy art and wildlife. Not only is strolling the Navy Pier free, but no cost performances are held at both indoor and outdoor venues at the pier. Fireworks ignite twice weekly over the summer. The pier is also home to Crystal Gardens a glass ballroom which offers open seating and dancing fountains. The Smith Museum of stained Glass Windows at Navy Pier is free and home to colorful impressive works of art.
Chicago’s renowned 35 acre Lincoln Park Zoo charges no admission. This zoo offers a world class atmosphere for learning about wildlife.
• New Orleans is where budget minded families can enjoy free festivities, live music, and culture. Bourbon Street is one of many such great settings where tourists can enjoy people watching. Nearby Jackson Square is where street performers, such as mimes, dancers, brass bands, and artists amuse onlookers.
Live music is offered at Le Bon Temps Roule music club where free oysters are shared every Friday. Free dancing at clubs on music rich Frenchmen Street delight many visitors. Most nightlife spots do not have a cover charge and music options span from jazz and rock to electronica and reggae.
• San Francisco is known for its postcard views, sea lions, and foreign cultures. The best way to take in this city’s impressive sights is by going on the city’s 49 mile Scenic Drive, which includes Chinatown, Twin Peaks, Mission Dolores, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Lake Merced. You will want to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge which is free. Sea lions can be found at Pier 39 in Fisherman’s Wharf. Sports enthusiasts are advised to go early to enjoy the free viewing area behind AT&T Park during Giants Games.
San Francisco’s multicultural treasurers can be best enjoyed by walking the streets of Chinatown and North Beach. Chinatown is comprised of 24 blocks that are home to food markets and museums. North Beach is the Italian part of San Francisco and provides visitors with a feeling of being in Europe.
• Vancouver offers many free outdoor activities, public art, and festival concerts. Its mild climate, many parks and miles of biking and hiking trails can keep visitors busy for hours on end. 150 free concerts that span several different genres of music are offered during the Vancouver International Jazz Festival the last week of June.
Free outdoor public art is offered in several different neighborhoods. Digital Orca is a sculpture of a “pixilated” killer whale that can be found near the Vancouver Convention Center. “A-maze-ing Laughter” consists of fourteen smile inducing bronze sculptures depicting a man full of merriment in Morton Park.
• Savannah offers impressive visual splendor. Travel by foot is the best way to unlock the city’s secrets including, but not limited to, its busy riverfront and peaceful parks. Street performers play for tips. Classic Savannah Belles ferries can be ridden to any, or all, stops for free up until midnight. Free authentic 1930s streetcar rides can be enjoyed from noon until 9 pm Friday through Sunday.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler