ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Insider Tips On How To Win In Vegas
Total Articles: 468
Given that there are so many cheap travel options to Las Vegas, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, cheap vacation packages, and discount travel packages, it would be all the nicer if tourists interested in gambling could figure out how to improve their odds at winning.
Las Vegas has a lot to offer including restaurants, bars, nightclubs, hotels, and shopping. However gambling remains the single largest revenue producer for every Las Vegas casino. Many view gambling as a bona fide entertainment option. People know that good entertainment (regardless of its form) cost money and expect gambling to similarly cost money.
The following is how to get the biggest bang from your gambling buck, according to Anthony Curtis of the Las Vegas Advisor:
• Certain games and casinos offer a better return on the game which is determined by the house advantage, often referred to as the “edge.” The lower the edge, the less the casino makes on average out of every bet. If a casino’s take per play is reduced, gamblers’ money last longer.
• Size of the wager impacts how long the average gambler can play. For example, if a person can only afford to lose no more than $100, one can play longer betting $5 per hand than betting $25 per hand.
• The slower a gambler plays the less he will lose. In gambling, speed is the enemy!
So where should a gambler play:
• Machines of any type are not attractive when longevity is the goal. Slots are popular because of ease of use and low minimums. Video poker games with good pay out schedules have a very low house advantage. Unfortunately both are fast play machines which means that the speed consideration makes them unattractive.
• Roulette is not a gambler’s friend because the 5.26 percent casino edge is too high and the spins come fast.
• Baccarat is not good because the betting minimums are usually too higher even though the edge is just a little more than 1 percent.
• Craps are better and fun, but gamblers can do better.
• Blackjack used to be more interesting but with natural blackjacks increasingly paying 6-5 vs. the traditional 3-2, gamblers find it hard to win over time.
• The best action at the lowest cost is a sports bet. Casinos typically enjoy a 4.5 percent edge. Sports betting is one of the best entertainment values around as well as give gambler the best bang for their buck gambling play.
Keep in mind the following when deciding which games to play:
• When something is easy to learn and play, the casinos charge more. Pushing buttons on machines is easy, whereas learning the rules of table games takes effort. If you are willing to do the work, you are likely to see better results.
• Slow gambling is better than fast. Playing with other people is not just more fun, it also reduces the number of hands played per hour.
• On-Strip machines pay less than Off-Strip. Rules and payouts tend to be better, with lower minimums at downtown or local casinos.
• Join players clubs where you can get free things for your action and loyalty. Never play without a player’s card.
• Knowledge will improve your odds. Doing a little research on how to play games properly, via books or online, improves performance.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David