ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Make Travel More Enjoyable
Total Articles: 468
People who have to travel all the time for work and do their best to take advantage of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and discount travel packages sometimes find such travel draining.
The following are strategies on how to make business travel more enjoyable:
• Pack efficiently. Whenever possible, only travel with a carry-on bag. If you need to check a bag, make certain you pack one set of clothing in your carry-on in case your checked bag is lost or delayed.
Pack granola bars in your carry-on, or whatever healthy food you enjoy at home, so that you do not end up buying unhealthy snacks at airports. Also pack an iPod to drown out noise on a plane, an e-book or traditional book for unexpected delays, running shoes, phone charger, laptop, and travel size toiletries.
• Do your best to select flights that will not require you arriving at an airport during rush hour. Try to avoid the busiest times of the week, such as flights departing on Monday mornings. When you have to take a flight at the busiest time of the day, be prepared to deal with long lines.
• Leave for the airport way ahead of time. People who have to run to make a flight, tend to arrive at their gates sweating and often end up agitated and uncomfortable for the entire flight.
• When travelling overseas, try to take an overnight flight so you can sleep.
On overnight flights consider choosing a window seat so you will not be disturbed while sleeping. Make certain you bring headphones to drown out the noise around you while trying to sleep.
• Often you will find better deals by being loyal to one hotel chain, and even a single hotel, when you repeatedly visit the same city. Once hotel staff gets to know you, they tend to treat you better.
• One of the tricks to staying healthy on the road is to maintain routines that you keep at home. For people who exercise regularly hotels with 24 hour access to gyms come in handy.
• To encourage healthy eating, if you are going to stay in a hotel for several days, ask your hotel for an empty fridge and then stock it with some healthy food. When eating out look for salad bars and chains you know use fresh ingredients. A little online research will help you find nearby healthy restaurants.
• When you have downtime during a business trip get out and explore. Read up on interesting sites before you depart. Do not limit yourself to the immediate area surrounding your hotel or office. Take advantage of when you are in a new place and try to arrange some sightseeing.
• Be open to attending social hours at your hotel to meet other guests.
• Try to meet co-workers for coffee or dinner when possible so you are not always eating alone.
Remember frequent travel comes with perks, including earning so many airline frequent flier miles and hotel loyalty points that vacations are often paid for.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.