ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Make Travel More Enjoyable
Total Articles: 468
People who have to travel all the time for work and do their best to take advantage of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and discount travel packages sometimes find such travel draining.
The following are strategies on how to make business travel more enjoyable:
• Pack efficiently. Whenever possible, only travel with a carry-on bag. If you need to check a bag, make certain you pack one set of clothing in your carry-on in case your checked bag is lost or delayed.
Pack granola bars in your carry-on, or whatever healthy food you enjoy at home, so that you do not end up buying unhealthy snacks at airports. Also pack an iPod to drown out noise on a plane, an e-book or traditional book for unexpected delays, running shoes, phone charger, laptop, and travel size toiletries.
• Do your best to select flights that will not require you arriving at an airport during rush hour. Try to avoid the busiest times of the week, such as flights departing on Monday mornings. When you have to take a flight at the busiest time of the day, be prepared to deal with long lines.
• Leave for the airport way ahead of time. People who have to run to make a flight, tend to arrive at their gates sweating and often end up agitated and uncomfortable for the entire flight.
• When travelling overseas, try to take an overnight flight so you can sleep.
On overnight flights consider choosing a window seat so you will not be disturbed while sleeping. Make certain you bring headphones to drown out the noise around you while trying to sleep.
• Often you will find better deals by being loyal to one hotel chain, and even a single hotel, when you repeatedly visit the same city. Once hotel staff gets to know you, they tend to treat you better.
• One of the tricks to staying healthy on the road is to maintain routines that you keep at home. For people who exercise regularly hotels with 24 hour access to gyms come in handy.
• To encourage healthy eating, if you are going to stay in a hotel for several days, ask your hotel for an empty fridge and then stock it with some healthy food. When eating out look for salad bars and chains you know use fresh ingredients. A little online research will help you find nearby healthy restaurants.
• When you have downtime during a business trip get out and explore. Read up on interesting sites before you depart. Do not limit yourself to the immediate area surrounding your hotel or office. Take advantage of when you are in a new place and try to arrange some sightseeing.
• Be open to attending social hours at your hotel to meet other guests.
• Try to meet co-workers for coffee or dinner when possible so you are not always eating alone.
Remember frequent travel comes with perks, including earning so many airline frequent flier miles and hotel loyalty points that vacations are often paid for.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family