ALL >> Business >> View Article
Going To Meet Investors For Business Start Up? Things You Should Avoid
Total Articles: 9
You have one of the world’s greatest business ideas but still find it difficult to impress the investors. Actually impressing the investors is an art that needs to skilled well before getting starts with the capitalist. They are the people who can put their money in your venture and when anything has money involved in it you are bound to get introspected intensively. So before meeting the investors it is quite important that you are well prepared to answer all the expected questions. Many times in our desperation to fund our project as early as possible we make terrible mistakes that cost us dearly later.
So if you are an entrepreneur seeking funding then these tips might help you
• In your first meeting don’t ask for money. As simple as it sounds its one of the common mistakes that startup owners do. You need to give some time to the investor such that he can understand the project as well as the pro and cons associated with it. It takes time to build professional relationships and you should take the things slow. Don’t act desperate as it portrays weak leadership. For you first meeting just ask for some general feedback or suggestions and give time to the capitalist to go over the project.
• Many times to make the business plan effective we add fake facts and figures. We try to create an impression by showing over the top growth prospects which may not be true actually. This is not a good tact as the investor would study and research about the facts on his side too. Moreover these practices create a poor image of yours in the market which is very difficult situation. Be reasonable and genuine with your data when you meet the investors for business start ups.
• Your confidence is one of the major attribute that has the capacity to add volumes to your project. But over confidence can turn your game flat too. Therefore while presenting your business plan you should be giving a vibe of positivity with politeness. You can’t get arrogant or over pushy about the project. Tune your presentations and plans interestingly such that it looks like some out of the box idea with a lot of potential. Moreover try to be specific with your idea and try to avoid too much bragging about it.
So whether you are looking for small business equipment financing or have other specific requirements these tips could be useful. If you are unable to find investors then you can take the help of specialized investor matching websites that can help you in finding the right funding for you.
Author is a financial expert. In this article he explains some tips that entrepreneurs seeking funding should adopt while meeting the investors for business start up.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth