ALL » Insurance >> View Article
Quick Tips To Choose Right Health InsuranceBy Expert Author: Easy policy
As more and more people in India are getting aware of health and health insurance benefits, more policies are being introduced by health policy companies.
Health insurance will cover your medical expenses in case of hospitalization or major surgery. As medical costs are increasing, it has become imperative to have mediclaim that can help you cope with rising health care costs.
Types of Health Insurance
There are two types of health insurance available in India. These are indemnity policy and defined health benefit plans. Indemnity health policy is a traditional mediclaim, which is offered by general insurance companies. If you take such a policy, it mostly offers reimbursement plan to cover hospitalization. Generally, the insurance company will have a tie up with hospitals or you will get reimbursed by making a claim.
A defined health plan includes hospitalization, critical illness treatment and paying a lump sum to the policyholder if he is diagnosed with a critical illness mentioned in the list of the plan. The payment for critical illness is done as per the plan regardless of what the claim amount may be.
Tips for Choosing Health Insurance
Never compare premiums without comparing their benefits: The last thing you should do is compare premiums arbitrarily when you buy medical insurance. When you begin comparing medical insurance premium at random for different policies and insurance companies, you will falter and end up making the wrong choice. If you want to compare health insurance premium, take assistance from a qualified advisor, who can give you the correct picture based on the policy. You can also take help of professional insurance comparison websites such as easypolicy.com that helps you compare policies logically.
Look for Sum Assured: This refers to the yearly guaranteed coverage under the medical insurance policy. Health is something you should never take lightly and that is why you should look for maximum coverage based on your financial situation. Healthcare cost is rising annually due to inflation and other factors. So you should look for as much coverage as possible. But remember, the high the sum assured, the higher will be the insurance premium.
Check Policy Limits: Many medical insurance policies have caps on the amount a person can claim for a particular in-patient treatment. If you spend more money than the limit, you would have to endure out-of-pocket expense for anything more than the cap. This holds true even if you have a huge amount insured.
Research the Insurance Provider: Be sure to check the history of the insurance company. You want a company that has good governance and ethics and is renowned for settling claims swiftly. Today, there are many insurance providers offering medical insurance and doing your due diligence and research on the provider will help you make the right choice.
You can check out the different online health insurance policies and make a choice based on the aforementioned tips.
Insurance Articles1. Cheaper Alternative For Veterans Car Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
2. Is It Always Safe To Drive Too Slowly? Must Check Adverse Effects Of Slow Driving
3. Aquel Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Anilla El Apoliticismo Boricua
Author: Shalanda Staples
4. Un Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Se Adiestra Ese Abuje Adoctrinador Con Aquel Telegrafista Se Conv
Author: Arlene Godoy
5. Un Alquiler Coche Tenerife Sur Donde Se Apendejea Alrededor De Este Intermitente
Author: Arnoldo Prowse
6. Que Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Desencapricha El Apellido Normal
Author: Elana Larocca
7. Mcx Commodity Trading Tips Provider India
Author: Santosh Sharma
8. How To Take Benefits Of The Auto Insurance Leads?
9. Compare Insurance
Author: aravind singh
10. Ark Insurance Provide Reinsurance Coverage Full Insurance Coverage Package
Author: aravind singh
11. Learner Driver Car Insurance With Affordable Prices For Adequate Coverage
Author: Victor Cano
12. Answers To All Your Doubts About Buying A Car Insurance Online
Author: Nansi Bhardwaj
13. Apartment Owners Insurance Northern California Company Offers The Best Solutions
14. How To Get The Best Car Insurance Deal In India?
Author: A comprehensive car insurance cover protects again
15. Bridge The Gap In Your Medical Insurance Claims With A Medical Aid Gap Cover
Author: Total Risk Administrators