ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Spain Villa Rentals: Pet Friendly Vacations
Total Articles: 29
The holiday season is fast approaching and many of us are making travel plans. For people who own pets this can be a frustrating and heart-breaking experience, since most hotels and resorts don't entertain pets. If you're traveling to Spain, it's essential that you check whether your pet is welcome in the place where you'll stay.
Remember that your pet needs to enjoy the vacation too. It must be kept in a safe, hygienic and comfortable place where its normal routines can be followed without too many changes. An ill or unhappy pet can transform your dream holiday into a nightmare. You have to also allow for the rigors of travel. Since you'll probably be flying, you may have to tranquilize your pet and it will have to travel in the pets' area of the aircraft. Most pets feel groggy and nauseous after such an experience and you'll have to give them a day or two to settle down.
The best option, if it's feasible, is to drive down to your vacation spot, preferably in your own car, so your pet feels comfortable. This is more leisurely and you can take short breaks to allow your pet to run or walk outside for a few minutes.
In Spain, the best option for pet-lovers is a villa rental. This gives you much more privacy, flexibility and comfort. Since villas also have garden space, your pet can get enough exercise and doesn't have to be cooped up indoors all day. However, remember to take a room that's as close to an exit as possible so that you can take your pet out for bathroom breaks whenever required. It's important to clean up after your pet. Cat-owners, put the kitty-litter pan in your bathroom and replace the litter often to avoid unpleasant odors. If there are people in your group who don't like the idea of your dog or cat jumping onto their beds or chairs, respect their wishes.
You probably have plans to lounge on the beach, do some sightseeing or shopping, check out the night-life and parties in Spain. Some pet-friendly villas offer pet-sitting services where you can safely leave your precious pet for a few hours or days while you relax and enjoy your holiday. Remember to leave detailed instructions about feeding, cleaning and exercising your pet while you're away. Never leave your pet alone in your room. If you need to step out for a short while, stick a note on your door saying there's an animal inside, to warn cleaning-staff.
Many restaurants in Spain allow pets but if you dine at a restaurant that's barred to pets, leash your pets to a place outside where you can keep an eye on them.
Enjoy a responsible and comfortable pet-friendly holiday in a villa in Spain!
If you are looking for a luxurious villa for holidays get more information on spain villa .
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David