ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
When To Go For Back Disc Surgery ?
Total Articles: 38
Back pain is not uncommon. Trauma, aging, improper body mechanics, and normal wear and tear- all conspire to injure your spine. Any damage to any part of your back or any pressure on the nerves in your spine can cause back pain and other symptoms. You must be wondering, “Is back disc surgery an option if I have back pain ?”
In fact, back disc surgery is needed in only a small percentage of cases. Most back problems can be taken care of with nonsurgical treatments, such as anti-inflammatory medication, ice, heat, gentle massage and physical therapy. When conservative treatments don't work, back surgery may offer relief. Neck and back soreness disrupt every facet of your daily life. It can limit your daily activities.
Back surgery might be needed:
1. If you have a condition that compresses your spinal nerves, causing back pain or numbness along the back of your leg.
2. When you have bulging or ruptured (herniated) disks. However, many people with bulging disks have no pain.
3. If you have broken bones (fractured vertebrae) or other damage to your spinal column from an injury
4. If you have vertebral fractures and an unstable spine related to osteoporosis.
5. If conservative measures fail
Treats following conditions:
1. Scoliosis, a curvature of the spine
2. Kyphosis, a humpback deformity
3. Spondylolisthesis, the forward slippage of a segment of the spine
4. Spinal stenosis, narrowing of the spinal canal typically from arthritis
5. Radiculopathy, the irritation and inflammation of a nerve caused by a herniated disk
6. Degenerative disk disease, the development of pain in a disk as a result of its normal wear and tear
Types of back surgery
Different types of back surgery include:
1. Diskectomy. It is an open surgery that involves removal of the herniated portion of a disk to relieve irritation and inflammation of a nerve.
2. Laminectomy. This procedure involves the removal of the bone overlying the spinal canal.
3. Fusion. It permanently connects two or more bones in your spine. It can relieve pain by adding stability to a spinal fracture.
4. Vertebroplasty. During this procedure, your surgeon injects bone cement into compressed vertebrae. A similar but more expensive procedure is called kyphoplasty. A balloon-like device is inserted to expand compressed vertebrae before bone cement is injected.
5. Artificial disks. Implanted artificial disks are a treatment alternative to spinal fusion for painful movement between two vertebrae.
Before you jump into having a spine surgery, get a second opinion from a qualified spine specialist. Chronic spine pain can be a complex issue that may require a team of health professionals to diagnose and treat.
Chronic spine pain can make everyday life difficult. Laser spinal Institute provides a solution to this life of pain. You may well be on the road to freedom from pain.
Fitness Articles1. Visit The Best Dentist In Delhi To Get Bad Breath Cured
Author: Vardhman Dental Care
2. Kundalini Yoga Retreat
Author: Triguna Yoga
3. My Balance Is Fine
4. Into Wellness Launched An Experience Center In Pune
Author: Ritesh Mahindrakar
5. Desay Smart Fitness Tracker Black
6. How To Simplify Complex Cardiovascular Workouts With Workout Tips?
Author: Kaa Yaa
7. How To Perform Cardiovascular Workouts With Workout Review?
Author: Kaa Yaa
8. Perfect Way To Lose Weight Fast
9. Weight Loss Products - Do They Really Work?
Author: stefania daniel
10. The Vape Pen Glass Bubbler Starter Kit From Cloudv
Author: Cloud Vapes
11. 8 Keys Benefits Of Performing Restorative Yoga
12. The Importance Of 24 Hour Gym In Kelowna When It Comes To Weight Loss
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
13. What Makes The Best Yoga Studios In Phoenix
14. Flu Vaccinations Facts And Their Side Effects
Author: Zenifier Watt
15. Know About The Juices For Pre-workout Hours