ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
When To Go For Back Disc Surgery ?
Total Articles: 38
Back pain is not uncommon. Trauma, aging, improper body mechanics, and normal wear and tear- all conspire to injure your spine. Any damage to any part of your back or any pressure on the nerves in your spine can cause back pain and other symptoms. You must be wondering, “Is back disc surgery an option if I have back pain ?”
In fact, back disc surgery is needed in only a small percentage of cases. Most back problems can be taken care of with nonsurgical treatments, such as anti-inflammatory medication, ice, heat, gentle massage and physical therapy. When conservative treatments don't work, back surgery may offer relief. Neck and back soreness disrupt every facet of your daily life. It can limit your daily activities.
Back surgery might be needed:
1. If you have a condition that compresses your spinal nerves, causing back pain or numbness along the back of your leg.
2. When you have bulging or ruptured (herniated) disks. However, many people with bulging disks have no pain.
3. If you have broken bones (fractured vertebrae) or other damage to your spinal column from an injury
4. If you have vertebral fractures and an unstable spine related to osteoporosis.
5. If conservative measures fail
Treats following conditions:
1. Scoliosis, a curvature of the spine
2. Kyphosis, a humpback deformity
3. Spondylolisthesis, the forward slippage of a segment of the spine
4. Spinal stenosis, narrowing of the spinal canal typically from arthritis
5. Radiculopathy, the irritation and inflammation of a nerve caused by a herniated disk
6. Degenerative disk disease, the development of pain in a disk as a result of its normal wear and tear
Types of back surgery
Different types of back surgery include:
1. Diskectomy. It is an open surgery that involves removal of the herniated portion of a disk to relieve irritation and inflammation of a nerve.
2. Laminectomy. This procedure involves the removal of the bone overlying the spinal canal.
3. Fusion. It permanently connects two or more bones in your spine. It can relieve pain by adding stability to a spinal fracture.
4. Vertebroplasty. During this procedure, your surgeon injects bone cement into compressed vertebrae. A similar but more expensive procedure is called kyphoplasty. A balloon-like device is inserted to expand compressed vertebrae before bone cement is injected.
5. Artificial disks. Implanted artificial disks are a treatment alternative to spinal fusion for painful movement between two vertebrae.
Before you jump into having a spine surgery, get a second opinion from a qualified spine specialist. Chronic spine pain can be a complex issue that may require a team of health professionals to diagnose and treat.
Chronic spine pain can make everyday life difficult. Laser spinal Institute provides a solution to this life of pain. You may well be on the road to freedom from pain.
Fitness Articles1. 5 Strength Training Mistakes That Are Common
2. Individuals Fitness Trainer - Fitness Personal Trainer Can Set Up Realistic Fitness Goals For You !
Author: Juan Segovia
3. Certified Personal Trainer In Australia – A Personal Fitness Trainer In Australia Understands Client
Author: Juan Segovia
4. Basic Fitness: A Need Or A Luxury?
Author: Kaa Yaa
5. Follow These Workout Tips And Get The Desired Fitness
Author: Kaa Yaa
6. Introduction To Creatine.
Author: Siddharth Rajpurohit
7. Reclaim Your Pre-baby Body Back
Author: Dr Milan Doshi
8. Why You Should Seek Advice From Experts Who Offer Swimming Pool Services?
Author: Atlanta Aquatic Management
9. Non Si Ha La Data Del Matrimonio Ufficiale Condiviso Sui Social Media
10. The Best Way To Lose Body Fat
11. The Most Effective Way To Lose Body Fat
12. Learning Weight Loss Tips From Geoff Jowett
13. Why Trust Weight Loss Expert Geoff Jowett
14. Losing Weight With Geoff Jowett
15. Get Total Pain Relief With Joint Replacement Surgery In Delhi