ALL >> Education >> View Article
Publishing There Is No Right Way!
Total Articles: 37
I am sick and tired of all the negative talk by supposed publishing professionals about the best way to publish.
There is no right way to publish.
There is only the way that is right for you.
I know many successful traditional authors, as well as Kindle and other types of e-book authors, and POD or Independent Publishers who have made a decent amount of money and/or received some type of critical success. All forms of publishing work.
If you have heard any "publishing professional" claim one of the styles of publishing listed above won't work or is not considered a valid form of publishing, then may I suggest that person has an axe to grind, may have his/her head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else), or just possibly might be an anal retentive of epic proportion.
My belief after attending several writers' conferences and hosting a monthly writers group for several years with guest speakers representing all aspects of publishing is that all forms of publishing work.
I grant you that many self-published works could use a professional edit and professional book covers, but the same can be said of many traditionally published books. I am actually shocked at the number of big publishing houses that put out books with several grammar and spelling errors, as well as book covers that look like a third grader designed them.
Technology provides a distinct advantage for authors today in that the costs and time associated with traditional publishing are greatly reduced. Technology, however, requires today's author to take greater responsibility for the final product.
The bottom line in publishing is that every winner was once a beginner. And, as Oprah is fond of saying, "When you know better, you can do better." So, don't be afraid to make mistakes, that's normal. Learning from the mistakes and making changes for the better is the key to better books.
Believe in yourself. Write the best book you can. Seek out a professional book editor to help you produce the best writing possible whether you are going to attempt traditional or independent publishing. Then, if you plan to publish independently, hire a book cover designer to make your book look as professional as any traditional title.
And remember, all books, no matter how they are published require the author to do the lion's share of marketing and promoting.
There is no right way to publish; there is only the way that is right for you! Go for it!
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media