ALL >> Education >> View Article
Publishing There Is No Right Way!
Total Articles: 37
I am sick and tired of all the negative talk by supposed publishing professionals about the best way to publish.
There is no right way to publish.
There is only the way that is right for you.
I know many successful traditional authors, as well as Kindle and other types of e-book authors, and POD or Independent Publishers who have made a decent amount of money and/or received some type of critical success. All forms of publishing work.
If you have heard any "publishing professional" claim one of the styles of publishing listed above won't work or is not considered a valid form of publishing, then may I suggest that person has an axe to grind, may have his/her head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else), or just possibly might be an anal retentive of epic proportion.
My belief after attending several writers' conferences and hosting a monthly writers group for several years with guest speakers representing all aspects of publishing is that all forms of publishing work.
I grant you that many self-published works could use a professional edit and professional book covers, but the same can be said of many traditionally published books. I am actually shocked at the number of big publishing houses that put out books with several grammar and spelling errors, as well as book covers that look like a third grader designed them.
Technology provides a distinct advantage for authors today in that the costs and time associated with traditional publishing are greatly reduced. Technology, however, requires today's author to take greater responsibility for the final product.
The bottom line in publishing is that every winner was once a beginner. And, as Oprah is fond of saying, "When you know better, you can do better." So, don't be afraid to make mistakes, that's normal. Learning from the mistakes and making changes for the better is the key to better books.
Believe in yourself. Write the best book you can. Seek out a professional book editor to help you produce the best writing possible whether you are going to attempt traditional or independent publishing. Then, if you plan to publish independently, hire a book cover designer to make your book look as professional as any traditional title.
And remember, all books, no matter how they are published require the author to do the lion's share of marketing and promoting.
There is no right way to publish; there is only the way that is right for you! Go for it!
Education Articles1. Oracle Dba Training In Hyderabad
2. How Can Play-therapy Help Autistic Children?
Author: The Lizard Centre
3. Software Testing- Static And Dynamic Analysis
Author: Siyaram Ray
4. Sap Assignment Help Offers Best Aid To Secure Higher Marks
5. What Fundamental Aspects Right Childcare Granville Follows
Author: Colleen Grenville
6. Exception Handling In Java
7. Best Ccnp & Ccie Certification And Training Course
Author: NetTech India
8. An Overview Of Scrum Master Training Along With Its Benefits
9. Choosing The Perfect College
10. What Jobs Are Available In Big Data Industry?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
11. 5 Reasons To Use An Effective Business Coach In Tauranga
Author: Roger Simi
12. Professional Bookkeeping Service Is Very Important In Today’s Complicated Ledger
Author: Austin Loader
13. Thesis Format
14. How Do Online Cpr Certification Course Work Better With Busy Schedule?
Author: Jennifer Lowrence
15. Pilot Training Eligibility–things You Must Know
Author: HM Aviation