ALL >> Education >> View Article
Publishing There Is No Right Way!
Total Articles: 37
I am sick and tired of all the negative talk by supposed publishing professionals about the best way to publish.
There is no right way to publish.
There is only the way that is right for you.
I know many successful traditional authors, as well as Kindle and other types of e-book authors, and POD or Independent Publishers who have made a decent amount of money and/or received some type of critical success. All forms of publishing work.
If you have heard any "publishing professional" claim one of the styles of publishing listed above won't work or is not considered a valid form of publishing, then may I suggest that person has an axe to grind, may have his/her head stuck in the sand (or somewhere else), or just possibly might be an anal retentive of epic proportion.
My belief after attending several writers' conferences and hosting a monthly writers group for several years with guest speakers representing all aspects of publishing is that all forms of publishing work.
I grant you that many self-published works could use a professional edit and professional book covers, but the same can be said of many traditionally published books. I am actually shocked at the number of big publishing houses that put out books with several grammar and spelling errors, as well as book covers that look like a third grader designed them.
Technology provides a distinct advantage for authors today in that the costs and time associated with traditional publishing are greatly reduced. Technology, however, requires today's author to take greater responsibility for the final product.
The bottom line in publishing is that every winner was once a beginner. And, as Oprah is fond of saying, "When you know better, you can do better." So, don't be afraid to make mistakes, that's normal. Learning from the mistakes and making changes for the better is the key to better books.
Believe in yourself. Write the best book you can. Seek out a professional book editor to help you produce the best writing possible whether you are going to attempt traditional or independent publishing. Then, if you plan to publish independently, hire a book cover designer to make your book look as professional as any traditional title.
And remember, all books, no matter how they are published require the author to do the lion's share of marketing and promoting.
There is no right way to publish; there is only the way that is right for you! Go for it!
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma