ALL >> Education >> View Article
Publishing A Book As A Lecturer
Total Articles: 35
Writing and Publishing a Book for Your Students
Publishing a book is easier than ever thanks to the simple, yet effective, services offered by some publishing companies. Self published books are increasingly popular, and many best-selling authors now choose to bypass the traditional routes when bringing out new novels. Inventive people are finding new ways to benefit from self-publishing services all the time. One area where self publishing can be used to great effect is in education. University lecturers can write books to sell for profit, or as learning tools to accompany their lessons.
Educational Purposes for Self Published Books
Teachers and lecturers often regurgitate the same classes year after year. They spend half their time photocopying the same notes and reading out the same lectures to students. By summarising the knowledge, theories and information students need to succeed in book form, they can create the perfect, personalised educational tool. The books can be referenced in lessons, or students can use their own copy to revise anything they struggle with. Self published books can become the backbone of a lecture series and offer structure to classes. As an example, each lecture in a series can be covered by a chapter in the book. This method allows lecturers and students to benefit from a logical and clear progression through the course.
The Advantages of Publishing a Book
Self publishing is a cost effective way to produce professional and structured course notes. The low cost is important, as the content of a course may be adjusted or changed over time. The low price means lecturers can create further, updated editions of the book in the future, without worrying about spending too much money. A book that effectively covers the structure of a course can also be useful as a way for interested students to sample the content before committing to a module.
Lecturers and academics often choose to self publish books detailing their own research. That way, they can add their contribution to the literature available for their field, and earn a supplementary income by selling it. Researchers who focus on niche areas can also publish their work, even if there is low demand for it. The books are usually easy for individuals who know a great deal about a specific area to write, as they already have the knowledge required and can express it clearly. Self-publishing a book gives authors the confidence to write with the full knowledge that they will definitely see their work in print once it is complete.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy