ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Reasons Why You Should Publish Your Own Book
Total Articles: 38
1. You can turn your passion into profits. Everyone has passion about a topic they can turn into profits. You have unique experiences relating to your topic and inside information that others will pay to know. It's fun and it can be profitable to write a book.
It used to be that everyone who wanted to write a book was limited by the stodgy rules of the traditional publishing industry. The Internet changed all that. The rule used to be, "freedom of the press only belongs to someone who owns one" -- but everything is different now, and a person with a computer and an idea and the information gained in this seminar can reach just as many customers as the biggest New York City publishing house.
2. You can sell books while you are asleep. If you try to share your information as a consultant or in seminars, you have to show up. That's barely better than working by the hour. You have the potential to sell your book on your own website, Amazon.com and other websites 7/24 around the world. You can sell individual copies or you can sell in bulk.
Besides the Internet, you'll find traditional marketing channels will be open to you also. It used to be the doors were closed to those who published their own books, but all that's changing. It is important that you create a quality book, and that you follow established publishing procedures, but if you do that you'll be rewarded and find an open door for your book.
3. A book will improve your credibility in your field of expertise. Some people write books because they realize that being an author will enhance their prestige, make them an authority, and enable them to get free publicity and increase their business.
Don't discount the idea of publishing your own book to achieve those goals. If you do it right you can make profits on your book alone, but you should not count on just that. If you're in business, you can parlay a book into expert status that will get you more business. If you don't presently have a business, you can create whole new ways to create income with a book -- people will want to come to your seminars and conferences to hear you speak. A book opens doors.
I was promoting a book for one of my clients. I called a national radio program and pitched a guest appearance to the program director. She said, "You know, we have wanted him on our program for a long time -- now that he has a book we can schedule him."
4. When you publish your own book, you will get your book to market quicker than if you use a traditional publisher. You can have your book for sale in 2-3 weeks; traditional publishers can take 18 months or more to get a book out the door. And that's after they accept it. Sometimes it takes that long just to find a publisher--if you find one at all.
It is important that you learn exactly how you can publish your book quickly while still maintaining the kind of quality that will make you proud. You do not need to give up quality for speed, you can have them both.
5. You have the potential to make far more money when you publish your own book. Lots of people think they will get a fat advance and a big royalty from a traditional publisher. And it could happen. But the odds are against you.
You won't get a royalty when you publish your own book, but to get a bigger cut of the pie with the do-it-yourself approach.
A hidden key to success: Make sure you know the difference between publishing a book yourself and using one of the many "self-publishing" services. Virtually all of them are nothing more than vanity publishers that will not enhance your professional standing. Do your homework and stay away from vanity publishers of any kind.
Education Articles1. Know The Career Benefits Of Scrum Master Certification
2. Introduction Of Web Designing Course Tutorials
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
3. What Will Study In Australia Cost For International Students From Nepal?
Author: aanandita kumari
4. 300-209 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
5. Mbbs In Russia
6. Mbbs Service In Russia
7. Take Your 3d Designing And Drafting Skills To A New Level Through Pdms Training
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
8. Malaysian Business Assignment Writers – Experts In Their Job
Author: Karen Wilson
9. 70-333 Exams Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Live Oracle Adf Online Training By Virtualnuggets
Author: vasu buddi
11. Web Design Composition Curriculum For 2017-2018
Author: Learn best web designing course Bangalore.Infocamp
12. Necessary Steps To Take While Hiring A Tax Agent
Author: Austin Loader
13. 4 Tips On How Parents Can Help Children To Improve In Study
Author: Hayden Bowden
14. Why Has The Australian Education A Global Focus Today?
Author: aanandita kumari
15. Develop Excellent Cloud Computing Skills By Availing Microsoft Windows Azure Training