ALL >> Education >> View Article
Self-publishing For The First Time Author
Total Articles: 36
Many people have an inner desire to write a book. Writing a book was a life-long goal for me. However, other than a few published articles I never took big step to write a full-length book until recently. You need to find the motivation to take the first steps and the fortitude to see your project to completion. At the prompting of friends and family and after completing courses to become a certified life-coach, I decided to wait no longer.
Write About Your Passion
Finding your motivation is as simple as identifying your passion. When a topic is your passion, research, writing, revising, and completing your book project becomes much easier. There is still the discipline that is necessary to drive towards your ultimate goal but when the project is fun rather than a chore the probability of completing your project increases dramatically.
During the first week, I spent many hours researching the various options that were available to publish a book. I also spent a sizable amount of time evaluating the market for a book on this topic and I discovered many books on caregiving for a variety of diseases and ailments but few about the concerns related to caring for someone with a brain tumor.
For the first time author, locating and engaging with a publisher is a difficult and time-consuming task. While researching self-publishing options, you will discover several options that allow you to self-publish your book. Publishing an eBook is a cost-effective option for the first time author. It provides an opportunity to self-publish at a low cost and still provide an opportunity to learn about the details of self-publishing. Several eBook distributors provide comprehensive guidelines for authoring books distributed through their service. A quick search about self-publishing provides numerous resources for learning about the process. Most of the resources were available as eBooks and were freely available or at a low-cost.
Like any new endeavor, I learned that things are always much more involved than they appear on the surface. The books that I located and read provided enough information to allow me to make progress but not so much information that I felt overwhelmed. Given the number of steps in the process, creating a plan helps to give you a roadmap and identify major obstacles early so an insurmountable roadblock does not surprise you later in your project.
Create a high-level plan that outlines the major steps of the writing and self-publishing process. Part of your plan should include creating the outline of the topics that you desire to share with the readers. This helps to engage potential readers and even gather additional ideas about topics to address in your book.
I hope this brief introduction inspires you to start your book project, if such a thought is swirling within your mind. I wish you the best as you take your first step.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy