ALL >> Education >> View Article
Just Published And Quickly Running Out Email Notification Strategies
Total Articles: 37
The other day, I received an email alert about a book that had just been published, and it turns out it actually hadn't been published just yet, but it had just been finished and was in the final stages of being printed. The email explained that I could get an advanced copy by merely going to the website of the publisher and ordering one. I would receive a special price and get the book 2-weeks prior to it being available in the bookstores, but I still wouldn't get "my copy" in the mail for up to 2-weeks. Okay so, this is a one-month lead time right.
Now then, is this a profitable strategy and good marketing for publishers? It turns out that it actually is, and they are able to quickly hit their target market. In this case it was a nonfiction book in a specialized industry, one I've been involved with, and one I follow quite closely. Obviously my name is on the list. If you are involved in your industry or sector, I'm sure you are also on various lists, and you have probably received such notices yourself. These days, publishers cannot deny the power of big data, nor should they. Life as a publisher is tough considering the future of e-books, and the industry as a whole.
Publishers must do everything they can, and use every tactic at their disposal to move books. Another strategy that can be used with sinking supplies of books which may not be republished for additional runs is to send out email alerts to everyone on that list, and on any new subsequent lists that supplies are running low and this would be your last chance to get that particular book for the industry. This secondary strategy doesn't always work as well because by that time there are enough books already floating around, and the book may now be available as an e-book on Amazon, or Barnes & Noble website for instance.
In other words, it's hard to create any sort of intensity or perception of scarcity for the publisher at that point. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, and it is wise to alert people that if they don't buy now, they may not be able to get a copy. That could drive sales, and help the publisher breakeven on their first run, even if the book hasn't sold all that well. It sure beats sending all those books to the a one dollar type store, or in the case of a technical industry nonfiction book, recycling them for firewood. Please consider all this and think on it.
Education Articles1. Govt Jobs In Tamil Nadu
2. Initiate A New Confidence In Your Kids Through Summer Camps
3. Expert Training For Nda Cds Ssb Since 1987
Author: Captain Sehgal
4. Jmit - Providing An Edge In Knowlede
Author: ponting brown
5. C_afaria_02 Real Pdf Exam Material
Author: Dennis Ng
6. C2090-621 Exam Dumps
Author: Dennis Ng
7. Important Features Of Sas And Plsql Training Programs Offered By Professionals
8. 5 Ways To Find The Best Pre-school In Bhopal For Your Child
9. 7230x Latest Certification Tests
Author: Dennis Ng
10. Business Environment Strategic Management
Author: shubham mishra
11. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: madhu krishna
12. 3 Reasons Why Dual Degree Graduate Program Is Best For Present Generation
Author: Salem Montakah
13. Best Vmware Training Institute In Bangalore
14. Can A Private Post Graduate Degree Holder Appear In Ugc-net Exam?
Author: Gaurav Sharma
15. Is It Really Worth To Choose Law As A Career?
Author: onlineassignment expert