ALL >> Education >> View Article
Compelling Reasons Why You Should Self-publish Your Book
Total Articles: 39
Now, more than ever, is the perfect time to get into self-publishing a book. Why? Well, just look around and see: tablets are now in mass production, connectivity is global, and people are more inclined to spread what they know rather than keep it to themselves.
Thanks to the immense power of technology, a greater number of people are now able to purchase high-tech e-book readers and large amounts of data can now be sent from one corner of the world to the other. People have adapted alongside these technological developments. A great number of them log online to find information and to be entertained, and this number is only expected to increase over the years.
Whether you are an aspiring author or someone who has already gained some measure of success in the literary field, this is indeed the perfect time for you to consider venturing into self-publishing books. If you're a bit hesitant about the process, here are ten, and not just one, reasons why you should give it a shot.
You exercise absolute control over your work. It's the dream of every author: to be free from the bounds set by picky editors and intimidating agents. Because you ventured into book self- publishing, you get to control the contents of your book, its length, and its appearance.
Time is not an issue, that is, when it comes to getting your book to market. Especially when you self-publish your book online, you can already release your book just a week or so after you have approved its final draft. With traditional publishing, you would have to wait around six to nine months before you can release your printed book in the market, and that's if you're lucky.
Your published book can continue to be in print, for as long as you like. Compared to traditional publishers, who typically stop marketing books once they have declined in sales and market appeal, self-publishers can opt to print copies of their works for as they feel a need to.
Your work can reach the outermost corners of the world, literally. With global distribution options, your e-book can be listed right away in a hundred or more countries. As an online publisher, your influence and reach is much more expansive than that of traditional publishing.
You are rewarded with higher royalty. With this kind of book publishing, you may be required to put in greater effort, but all your hard work will pay off in the end. As a self-publisher, you get to keep all or most of your profits. Even when it comes to foreign rights revenues, you do not have to share them with a traditional publishing firm; thus, you generally make more money.
These reasons just barely scratched the surface of the various reasons why you should give self-publishing a serious thought. There may be more advantages to the process. One way that you can know for sure is to actually try it for yourself.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy