ALL >> Education >> View Article
Confused Between Your Magazine Readers Vs Advertisers
Total Articles: 38
When planning your print publication, it is stressed that you need to define your niche market. A general publication is very difficult and expensive to get off the ground. But when you zero in on your niche, it gets a lot easier to make your plans and to be successful.
A 'niche market' or target market is defining exactly who your reader/audience would be. If you want to do something in sports, for instance, then decide specifically what sport. Maybe you love lacrosse. You enjoy coaching or refereeing the high school kids. You might make your niche market be the high school lacrosse program in your county.
By being very clear as to whom you're writing for makes it easier to determine your advertiser and your distribution.
Your advertiser is then determined by the folks who would pick up your magazine and read it. Without defining the reader, it's nearly impossible to determine your best sources of advertising.
A quality print publication is one that people read and ideally keep for a while as a resource. Advertisers love that. We like to call it staying power or stickiness. If a magazine is kept, generally more than one person will peruse it. That is all great news to the advertiser.
So how do you get that stickiness? Create a publication that your target market wants to read. Your target or niche market is your reader. Don't forget this key principle.
You can have all the advertisers in the world and make a good bit of money for a few issues. But it won't last if your reader is not paying attention to your publication. If no one is reading it, then the advertiser will soon realize he is not getting responses to his ads.
To have a win-win-win, meaning reader gets quality editorial, advertiser gets quality audience, and you make a profit, you must clearly define your niche market.
Do not make the mistake of creating a publication for your advertiser without clearing defining the niche market/reader/audience. The last thing you want is to have a publication that appears to be a fancy ad piece. The reading public is only too aware of this tactic.
Create great editorial for your target market. Approach the advertisers who will gain from getting their message in front of that market. This combination will go a long way in helping you reach your goal of publishing a profitable magazine.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era