ALL >> Education >> View Article
Confused Between Your Magazine Readers Vs Advertisers
Total Articles: 38
When planning your print publication, it is stressed that you need to define your niche market. A general publication is very difficult and expensive to get off the ground. But when you zero in on your niche, it gets a lot easier to make your plans and to be successful.
A 'niche market' or target market is defining exactly who your reader/audience would be. If you want to do something in sports, for instance, then decide specifically what sport. Maybe you love lacrosse. You enjoy coaching or refereeing the high school kids. You might make your niche market be the high school lacrosse program in your county.
By being very clear as to whom you're writing for makes it easier to determine your advertiser and your distribution.
Your advertiser is then determined by the folks who would pick up your magazine and read it. Without defining the reader, it's nearly impossible to determine your best sources of advertising.
A quality print publication is one that people read and ideally keep for a while as a resource. Advertisers love that. We like to call it staying power or stickiness. If a magazine is kept, generally more than one person will peruse it. That is all great news to the advertiser.
So how do you get that stickiness? Create a publication that your target market wants to read. Your target or niche market is your reader. Don't forget this key principle.
You can have all the advertisers in the world and make a good bit of money for a few issues. But it won't last if your reader is not paying attention to your publication. If no one is reading it, then the advertiser will soon realize he is not getting responses to his ads.
To have a win-win-win, meaning reader gets quality editorial, advertiser gets quality audience, and you make a profit, you must clearly define your niche market.
Do not make the mistake of creating a publication for your advertiser without clearing defining the niche market/reader/audience. The last thing you want is to have a publication that appears to be a fancy ad piece. The reading public is only too aware of this tactic.
Create great editorial for your target market. Approach the advertisers who will gain from getting their message in front of that market. This combination will go a long way in helping you reach your goal of publishing a profitable magazine.
Education Articles1. Govt Jobs In Tamil Nadu
2. Initiate A New Confidence In Your Kids Through Summer Camps
3. Expert Training For Nda Cds Ssb Since 1987
Author: Captain Sehgal
4. Jmit - Providing An Edge In Knowlede
Author: ponting brown
5. C_afaria_02 Real Pdf Exam Material
Author: Dennis Ng
6. C2090-621 Exam Dumps
Author: Dennis Ng
7. Important Features Of Sas And Plsql Training Programs Offered By Professionals
8. 5 Ways To Find The Best Pre-school In Bhopal For Your Child
9. 7230x Latest Certification Tests
Author: Dennis Ng
10. Business Environment Strategic Management
Author: shubham mishra
11. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: madhu krishna
12. 3 Reasons Why Dual Degree Graduate Program Is Best For Present Generation
Author: Salem Montakah
13. Best Vmware Training Institute In Bangalore
14. Can A Private Post Graduate Degree Holder Appear In Ugc-net Exam?
Author: Gaurav Sharma
15. Is It Really Worth To Choose Law As A Career?
Author: onlineassignment expert