ALL >> Education >> View Article
Confused Between Your Magazine Readers Vs Advertisers
Total Articles: 38
When planning your print publication, it is stressed that you need to define your niche market. A general publication is very difficult and expensive to get off the ground. But when you zero in on your niche, it gets a lot easier to make your plans and to be successful.
A 'niche market' or target market is defining exactly who your reader/audience would be. If you want to do something in sports, for instance, then decide specifically what sport. Maybe you love lacrosse. You enjoy coaching or refereeing the high school kids. You might make your niche market be the high school lacrosse program in your county.
By being very clear as to whom you're writing for makes it easier to determine your advertiser and your distribution.
Your advertiser is then determined by the folks who would pick up your magazine and read it. Without defining the reader, it's nearly impossible to determine your best sources of advertising.
A quality print publication is one that people read and ideally keep for a while as a resource. Advertisers love that. We like to call it staying power or stickiness. If a magazine is kept, generally more than one person will peruse it. That is all great news to the advertiser.
So how do you get that stickiness? Create a publication that your target market wants to read. Your target or niche market is your reader. Don't forget this key principle.
You can have all the advertisers in the world and make a good bit of money for a few issues. But it won't last if your reader is not paying attention to your publication. If no one is reading it, then the advertiser will soon realize he is not getting responses to his ads.
To have a win-win-win, meaning reader gets quality editorial, advertiser gets quality audience, and you make a profit, you must clearly define your niche market.
Do not make the mistake of creating a publication for your advertiser without clearing defining the niche market/reader/audience. The last thing you want is to have a publication that appears to be a fancy ad piece. The reading public is only too aware of this tactic.
Create great editorial for your target market. Approach the advertisers who will gain from getting their message in front of that market. This combination will go a long way in helping you reach your goal of publishing a profitable magazine.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away