ALL >> Education >> View Article
Should I Use 50 Shades Of X As A Book Title
Total Articles: 35
The answer to this applies to all 'spin-off' books you may wish to allude to.
First of all check if the phrase is trademarked. If it is, then the answer is clearly: "No, you can't".
If it isn't then, yes, you can go ahead.
Perhaps more important though is the next step. Check to see how many OTHER people have also thought of your idea.
A quick bit of market research reveals:
50 Shades of Nylon
50 Shades of Dash Diet
50 Shades of Green
50 Shades of Gravy
50 Shades of Classical
50 Shades of Red Riding Hood
etc etc etc
These titles cover everything from books to DVDs to MP3s. The topics range from Irish songs, to dieting, to social media marketing, to cookery. So there is very little scope here to establish your own special brand or unique selling point.
This isn't to say that you shouldn't 'piggy back' off another author's great idea - especially if you can put your own unique spin on the subject. One only has to think about 'Westside Story' and 'Romeo and Juliet', or 'Wide Sargasso Sea' and 'Jane Eyre' to see this "copycatting" principle at its most powerful.
In fact, imitation of an already successful brand is in many ways an incredibly smart move. Someone else has already tested the market before you and proved a formula to be successful. There is a clear readership and a clear target market - a publisher's dream. So in many ways, it makes sense to mimic what other successful authors have done before you.
If you're the very first person past the post, or you have something new or original to add, then I take my hat off to you and so will everyone else. Such a step may also prove incredibly lucrative.
However, when too many others have trodden the path before you and the market is already overcrowded, then you are veering into the territory of cliche - the world of outworn words and phrases which lose their impact. In this case, it may be time to rethink.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy