ALL >> Education >> View Article
Publish For Free And Make Money
Total Articles: 35
For many years I had a burning desire to become a published author, but it was almost impossible to achieve that desire through mainstream publishers. Even trying the self-published route was much too expensive when using small press publishers.
Then along came the computer age, which opened up new, wonderful opportunities for authors. print-on-demand companies began to spring up here and there, which created a huge potential for new authors searching for ways to have their books published. The problem was, those newly conceived print-on-demand companies, just like any small press, were asking for set-up fees that made it financially difficult for many would-be authors. Then suddenly, like nectar from heaven, a couple of print-on-demand companies sprang up that offered a free service.
This was the start of my book publishing dream; after a period of learning how to format and design a book, I found myself on the road to becoming a self-published author and now have 12 books to me name over a five year period. Once I understood how to put my first book together, the rest were quite simple.
All you need is to know are skills such as:
• Formatting book size
• Page numbering
• Copyright page
• Introduction page
• Contents page
• Main body of text with chapters
• Front and back book cover design
• Uploading your manuscript
Basic knowledge using Microsoft Word to create the body of text and how to use Paint Shop pro or Photoshop for cover designs is all you need. The outlay of the book will be a matter of design choice.
Do be aware, there are some print-on-demand companies who charge a set-up fee for their basic service, which can range from approximately ?150 ($200). They also offer other services to help with book formatting, cover design and marketing.
If you feel competent to create your own book, then try a company that offers a free service, such as CreateSpace; and yes, even they offer a paid service if you feel you need some help, but as a self-taught book designer I have never needed to seek a paid service; the free service is perfectly adequate.
As a first time author you CAN succeed as a self-published author in quite a short period of time and start earning some cash. Because there are no costs involved with the free service, your profits will be 100 percent, which is not possible if you used a paid service.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy