ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pros And Cons Of Selling Books On Amazon
Total Articles: 37
Are you a self-publishing author? If so, have you already decided where are you going to sell your books? What about selling books on Amazon? The idea sounds attractive and you know that, in fact, thousands of traditionally and self-published authors have adopted this platform as their main point of sale for their books.
If you have still a decision to make, you should better evaluate the pros and cons of selling books on Amazon. Here are some ideas to get you started:
• One of the major advantages of selling books on Amazon is that it can be really profitable for you. Amazon pays for part of the shipping costs and even this may not cover for the whole expense, it will definitely add up to your profits.
• Many sellers also find attractive the fact that they can add plenty of information on their books' description that makes them unique to the eyes of the potential buyers and, needless to say, also increases your chances of selling them. For instance, if you have an autographed book from a popular author, it will definitely be much more attractive and valuable for some of his avid readers and fans.
• Other important advantage of selling your books on Amazon is that you Amazon gives you the email and physical address of the person buying your books. That is very valuable data as you can create your own clients' list and keep them updated on any new titles you have for sale or any important discount or treat you have to offer them.
• Your customers won't receive free super saver shipping on orders over certain amount of dollars. This may seriously discourage some potential buyers from buying the books directly from you if they are also sold by Amazon directly.
• You must ship your books 48 hours after receiving the purchase order. This can make selling books on Amazon quite messy if your books are popular and you receive constant purchase requests.
As a self-published author, selling books on Amazon is a good idea as it is a well-known and respected platform that everybody trusts and has in mind as the most important virtual library in the Web. However, you should clearly evaluate the pros and cons of doing so according to your personal situation and preferences. An alternative worth considering is selling books on Amazon but not as an independent seller.
Education Articles1. What Qualifications Are Important To Get Into The Nda Exam?
2. For Studying A Digital Marketing Course Or Join A Company As A Digital Marketing Trainee?
3. Looking For Day Care Near Manchester?
Author: Nichola Moss
4. Why Ux Is Not 100% Ui
5. Best Digital Marketing Course In Delhi| Top Digital Marketing Institute In Delhi
Author: Gaurav Dubey
6. Led Lcd Tv Repairing Course In Delhi
Author: Mr. A
7. How You Should Analyse Your Mock Tests
Author: Kishor Rathod
8. Things To Keep In Mind For Ssc Cgl Descriptive Test 2018
Author: Tina sharma
9. The Best Among Ux And Ui Design
Author: Career LiftUp
10. 10 Non-traditional Nursing Jobs You Can Opt For
Author: John Noels
11. Advantages Of Child Care Centres In Eastern Creek
Author: Katherine Harris
12. Salesforce Career Path Made Simple
Author: Riley Louis
13. All About Managing Successful Program (msp) Training & Certification
Author: Olushola Ogunseitan
14. C Program
Author: karpagam s
15. How I Passed My Comptia Security+ Sy0-501 Exam In The First Attempt?
Author: Angela George