ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pros And Cons Of Selling Books On Amazon
Total Articles: 37
Are you a self-publishing author? If so, have you already decided where are you going to sell your books? What about selling books on Amazon? The idea sounds attractive and you know that, in fact, thousands of traditionally and self-published authors have adopted this platform as their main point of sale for their books.
If you have still a decision to make, you should better evaluate the pros and cons of selling books on Amazon. Here are some ideas to get you started:
• One of the major advantages of selling books on Amazon is that it can be really profitable for you. Amazon pays for part of the shipping costs and even this may not cover for the whole expense, it will definitely add up to your profits.
• Many sellers also find attractive the fact that they can add plenty of information on their books' description that makes them unique to the eyes of the potential buyers and, needless to say, also increases your chances of selling them. For instance, if you have an autographed book from a popular author, it will definitely be much more attractive and valuable for some of his avid readers and fans.
• Other important advantage of selling your books on Amazon is that you Amazon gives you the email and physical address of the person buying your books. That is very valuable data as you can create your own clients' list and keep them updated on any new titles you have for sale or any important discount or treat you have to offer them.
• Your customers won't receive free super saver shipping on orders over certain amount of dollars. This may seriously discourage some potential buyers from buying the books directly from you if they are also sold by Amazon directly.
• You must ship your books 48 hours after receiving the purchase order. This can make selling books on Amazon quite messy if your books are popular and you receive constant purchase requests.
As a self-published author, selling books on Amazon is a good idea as it is a well-known and respected platform that everybody trusts and has in mind as the most important virtual library in the Web. However, you should clearly evaluate the pros and cons of doing so according to your personal situation and preferences. An alternative worth considering is selling books on Amazon but not as an independent seller.
Education Articles1. Non-native Speakers Can Also Find English Teaching Jobs In Thailand
Author: Stuart Spindlow
2. Key Tactics The Pros Use For Chartered Accountants In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
3. Know Why Private Tuition Is Pretty Helpful For Children
Author: Hayden Bowden
4. Professional Tips To Play Guitar Better
Author: ALMADEN SCHOOL
5. Introduction Of Bootstrap3 Tutorials:
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
6. Short Term Courses At Deshbandhu College
Author: Shreyansh Shrivastava
7. Exploring The Features And Benefits Of Autocad
Author: Rahul Tripathi
8. Sap Successfactors - All You Need To Know
Author: tyrion william
9. Apply Apsc Recruitment 2017–18 For Post Of 393 Ae/ Lecturer/ Inspector
Author: Recruitment Result
10. Open The Door Of Opportunities By Clearing The Rhcsa Certification Exam
Author: multisoft virtual Academy
11. Digital Marketing Institutes In Hyderabad
Author: Mounika thumula
12. Learn Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
13. Learn Holy Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
14. Get Going With A Graphic Designing Course
Author: WLCI Graphic Design College
15. Significance Of Reliable Online Trading System
Author: Henry James