ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pros And Cons Of Selling Books On Amazon
Total Articles: 37
Are you a self-publishing author? If so, have you already decided where are you going to sell your books? What about selling books on Amazon? The idea sounds attractive and you know that, in fact, thousands of traditionally and self-published authors have adopted this platform as their main point of sale for their books.
If you have still a decision to make, you should better evaluate the pros and cons of selling books on Amazon. Here are some ideas to get you started:
• One of the major advantages of selling books on Amazon is that it can be really profitable for you. Amazon pays for part of the shipping costs and even this may not cover for the whole expense, it will definitely add up to your profits.
• Many sellers also find attractive the fact that they can add plenty of information on their books' description that makes them unique to the eyes of the potential buyers and, needless to say, also increases your chances of selling them. For instance, if you have an autographed book from a popular author, it will definitely be much more attractive and valuable for some of his avid readers and fans.
• Other important advantage of selling your books on Amazon is that you Amazon gives you the email and physical address of the person buying your books. That is very valuable data as you can create your own clients' list and keep them updated on any new titles you have for sale or any important discount or treat you have to offer them.
• Your customers won't receive free super saver shipping on orders over certain amount of dollars. This may seriously discourage some potential buyers from buying the books directly from you if they are also sold by Amazon directly.
• You must ship your books 48 hours after receiving the purchase order. This can make selling books on Amazon quite messy if your books are popular and you receive constant purchase requests.
As a self-published author, selling books on Amazon is a good idea as it is a well-known and respected platform that everybody trusts and has in mind as the most important virtual library in the Web. However, you should clearly evaluate the pros and cons of doing so according to your personal situation and preferences. An alternative worth considering is selling books on Amazon but not as an independent seller.
Education Articles1. Bangladesh Institute Of Information Technology
2. Which Are The Best Applications And Areas Of Photogrammetry
3. What Is Directory Submission In Seo In Off Page Submissions
Author: indra sena
4. Education, Software, Programming
Author: Gurung Tech
5. Synture Group Tips For Success
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
6. University Course From India
Author: Miya John
7. Top 9 Trends On Ios App Development
8. Inquiries And Answers For A Ui Design Interview:
Author: Infocampus Logics Pvt Ltd
9. Want A Terrific Cdr Report To Excite Ea Australia? Choose Us.
Author: Dan Smith
10. Know The Importance Of Smartplant 3d Online Training
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
11. Gk - Eleventh Schedule (article 243f)
12. How To Learn Basics Of Android?
13. Online Homework Help Services From Academic Professionals At Your Convenience!
Author: Mely Jess
14. Clat Coaching In Chandigarh
Author: gyan sagar institute
15. Best Test Taking Strategies
Author: Great lake