ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Need Home Improvement Advice? Try These Great Ideas!By Expert Author: Weston Patton
You can significantly increase the value of your house by taking on a few small home improvement projects. In fact, you can increase your resale value by thousands of dollars with some updates. The following advice will lead you in the right direction.
If you plan to redo your roof, use light colored tile. Lighter colors reflect the sun instead of absorbing it, which means your attic will not be so hot. This can save you a good deal on monthly cooling and heating bills.
New flooring is a good way to make your rooms feel new. A reputable flooring company can install new hardwood, carpet, laminate or tile flooring in as little as one day. Alternately, you could visit your local home improvement store for do it yourself options.
Do not allow contractors to start the work prior to signing a contract. If possible, get a lawyer to look at the contract before work begins. The contract should include warranty information, work to be completed, total costs and when the work will be finished.
Try something different rather than a simple pre-made coffee table. You can use an old chest as a coffee table, for instance. You can throw things in it as well. A few magazines on the table can give it a bit of life. You may even want to add a tablecloth couple with teacups for a more country look.
Changing the lighting in your home can make a dramatic difference. The brighter the room the more welcoming. You can also brighten a room by having an additional light fixture installed. You can make the whole house feel lighter and brighter by brightening up a dark room.
Try using a wall mount for your television to free up some floor space or clear off the area where the television was sitting previously. If you follow the directions, this will take a minimal amount of time.
You can make your home more appealing by painting your garage door. Garage doors are regularly exposed to the elements, causing them to look dingy and worn. A coat of matte or semi-gloss paint adds a fresh look to your home, instantly boosting its value and appeal. Paint your garage door a different color that will match your home.
Installing motion sensor lights can add security to your home while increasing your home's value. Instead of leaving your lights on during the night, motion detecting lights light up when they are activated through nearby movement. Motion sensor lights can also help prevent intruders from entering your home.
Is your home too bright or too hot for your comfort? Why not tint your windows? It's easy to do this as a DIY home improvement project. You'll also spend less money to cool your home in the summer.
As you've seen, you have many different projects you can perform. Now that you have read this, hopefully you are more confident about your own ability to improve your dwelling. You are sure to feel proud when all your hard work pays off.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald