ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Web Design Tips That Make You A Smarter Site Designer
Total Articles: 244
Building your own website can be both gratifying and stressful. You might not be sure how to pla your site or who to ask to help you. You may not even know how much it costs to design and operate a website. This article is packed with tips that will help you to develop many different aspects of your website.
Pay careful attention to which colors you choose to use together in your web design. Your content should be read easily without assistance or adjustment. The better choice is using darker fonts against backgrounds that are lighter. Ask someone to look at your color schemes to make sure you are choosing something harmonious.
Easy navigation is critical to keeping visitors on your site. You should have the links on your site prominently displayed and easy to navigate. You can also make navigating your site easier with a menu. To enable easy browsing, be sure that each page includes a link back to the home page.
Let users cancel actions if they desire. Actions may involve searching the website for archives or a variety of topics, signing up for newsletters and notifications, or simply filling out forms. By not letting visitors cancel something that they don't want to finish, you're pretty much forcing them into doing something. This can harm your return visits or purchases.
You shouldn't host your site on your own server, even if you're using your own money to set up a dedicated server and want to invest a large amount of money in your site. You should design it yourself (or at least as much as possible), but allowing someone else to host your site frees you up and allows you to focus on other things besides the site's safety and security.
Be sure that your website has small files, no matter how aesthetically designed your site is. Large files cause your website to load slowly. You want your loading time to be as quick as possible. Even though broadband is common these days, there are still people stuck on 56K connections. Test your website to ensure that it loads quickly even on a dial-up modem connection.
Keep your early site building efforts small, so you can more easily identify what is working, and what is not. Your first site should consist of only a page or two, with just basic text and graphics. Once you have that, you can slowly add things.
Professional web design or running a site of your own, necessitates having an office or a personal workspace. Using an office space helps you avoid distractions and work more efficiently. Your tools should be easy to access, and you should organize your work space to concentrate on your design.
Now that you've reached the end of this article, you are ready to dive in to the creation of your site. Develop a plan on what you can spend on the site, seek out those who can advise you, and start a rough draft of your website. If you get started right away, you could soon become the proud owner of a high-quality website that does everything you need it to.
Web Design Articles1. How To Choose A Best Web Design Company
Author: Madan Kumar
2. Significance Of Website Speed Optimisation
3. Why Need An Event App For Your Event?
4. Utilizing Touch Displays To Reinforce Client Experience
5. Touch Screen Kiosks And Their Many Benefits
6. Top Advantages Associated With Using A Conference Mobile App For Any Meeting
7. Tips To Selecting The Best Iphone Audio Event Application – Top Must Have Features
8. The Reason Why You’re Event Would Need The App?
9. Online Digital Screen Kiosks – The New Business Trendy
10. Mobile App Development To Take Your Businesses Ahead
11. Mobile App Developer - Why Your Business Must Have One
12. How To Get The Best Augmented Reality Company For Ar Application Development?
13. How To Choose The Best Software Development Firm
14. Effective Digital Signs Is A Team Effort
15. Digital Signage - 3 Useful Rules To Succeed