ALL » Legal >> View Article
Car Accidents Make California Second Most Expensive State To Own A CarBy Expert Author: Greg Phillips
Do you live in the Golden State? Do you own a motor vehicle? Congratulations, your vehicle operating costs are some of the most expensive in the nation. What are vehicle operating costs? They would include the collective investment of car insurance, gasoline, repairs, car accidents, fees and taxes. Bankrate.com recently pulled together data from all 50 states, and found California to be the second most costly state in the nation for car owners. If you're curious about #1, that accolade goes to Georgia. But don't worry. California can beat them next year.
Breaking it down – The cost of driving in California
So why is it so expensive to own a car in California? There are a number of factors at play here. For starters, California has one of the highest costs of living in the nation. California also has some of the highest gas prices (rivaled only by Hawaii, which requires overseas petroleum shipment). Furthermore, data from Insure.com found that California has some of the highest car insurance rates in the nation. It ranks #6 out of 50. But why is insurance so high?
If you have ever driven on Highway 101 during rush hour, or made your way up the Grapevine in questionable weather conditions, you know that the traffic in California – the most populous state in the nation – is fierce, and car accidents are a constant occurrence. We see wrecks on the side of the freeway. What we don’t see are the hidden costs of car accident cases burdening the legal system. On any weekday, car accident lawyers whose clients have been injured or worse fill court dockets to capacity with car accident cases.
This drives up the cost of insurance, resulting in higher premiums for everyone. If you choose to make your home in the Golden State, you can expect to pay more for your insurance even if you have a pristine driving record.
In California, avoid auto accidents
Of course, there are ways to keep your driving costs lower than the general population. For starters, invest in a vehicle with superior gas mileage. Second, shop around for the best auto insurance rate. Don't just settle for the first seemingly decent offer that comes along. Third, follow the laws and maintain a clean driving record.
You can't predict every eventuality that comes your way, but if you are in an auto accident, contact an experienced personal injury law firm that specializes in car accidents right away to discuss your rights. Not only can you preserve your driving record, but also you may be entitled to compensation in the event of a auto collision. Don't leave your fate to chance.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases