ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Car Accidents Make California Second Most Expensive State To Own A Car
Total Articles: 6
Do you live in the Golden State? Do you own a motor vehicle? Congratulations, your vehicle operating costs are some of the most expensive in the nation. What are vehicle operating costs? They would include the collective investment of car insurance, gasoline, repairs, car accidents, fees and taxes. Bankrate.com recently pulled together data from all 50 states, and found California to be the second most costly state in the nation for car owners. If you're curious about #1, that accolade goes to Georgia. But don't worry. California can beat them next year.
Breaking it down – The cost of driving in California
So why is it so expensive to own a car in California? There are a number of factors at play here. For starters, California has one of the highest costs of living in the nation. California also has some of the highest gas prices (rivaled only by Hawaii, which requires overseas petroleum shipment). Furthermore, data from Insure.com found that California has some of the highest car insurance rates in the nation. It ranks #6 out of 50. But why is insurance so high?
If you have ever driven on Highway 101 during rush hour, or made your way up the Grapevine in questionable weather conditions, you know that the traffic in California – the most populous state in the nation – is fierce, and car accidents are a constant occurrence. We see wrecks on the side of the freeway. What we don’t see are the hidden costs of car accident cases burdening the legal system. On any weekday, car accident lawyers whose clients have been injured or worse fill court dockets to capacity with car accident cases.
This drives up the cost of insurance, resulting in higher premiums for everyone. If you choose to make your home in the Golden State, you can expect to pay more for your insurance even if you have a pristine driving record.
In California, avoid auto accidents
Of course, there are ways to keep your driving costs lower than the general population. For starters, invest in a vehicle with superior gas mileage. Second, shop around for the best auto insurance rate. Don't just settle for the first seemingly decent offer that comes along. Third, follow the laws and maintain a clean driving record.
You can't predict every eventuality that comes your way, but if you are in an auto accident, contact an experienced personal injury law firm that specializes in car accidents right away to discuss your rights. Not only can you preserve your driving record, but also you may be entitled to compensation in the event of a auto collision. Don't leave your fate to chance.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords