ALL » Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group - Asia Report – 16.08.2013By Expert Author: Lexington Group
Aug. 16, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- Most markets in Asia fell on Thursday after a 100 point drop on Wednesday the Dow Jones Industrial Average. In Tokyo the Nikkei Stock Average fell 2.1% to erase solid gains made in the two previous trading sessions, Taiwan´s Taiex lost 0.8% and the in China the Shanghai Composite dipped 0.9%. The Hang Seng in Hong Kong finished will a marginal loss, while Australia´s S&P/ASX 200 gave up a tenth of a percent. The Kospi in South Korea was closed for a holiday.
Losses in Tokyo were spread across a broad range of sectors with some of the most notable decliners including; Mitsubishi Motors Corp. lost 2.9%, Panasonic Corp. slid 3.2%, and Daiwa Securites Group gave up 3.7%.
Gold mining firms rose in Australia as the yellow metal´s price rose 1% yesterday; Kingsgate Consolidated climbed 3.1% and Newcrest Mining Ltd. rose 1.3%. The financial services firm AMP Ltd. gained 3.5% even after announcing that first half of the year profits fell 9% but still beat earlier projections. The fall in profits came from a poor performing life insurance division which experienced unusually high number of claims.
In Hong Kong, a number of blue-chip companies released earnings reports and the markets responded in turn. The personal computer manufacturer Lenovo Group Ltd climbed 2.1% after reporting a 23% increase in its first half of the fiscal year profits. Logistics company Li & Fung jumped 11.6% despite a drop in half year profits, investors were pleased with their forecasts for the second half. The internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. gave up half a percent after its profits did not reach expectations.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta