ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group - Asia Report – 16.08.2013
Total Articles: 20
Aug. 16, 2013 - CHIYODA-KU, Japan -- Most markets in Asia fell on Thursday after a 100 point drop on Wednesday the Dow Jones Industrial Average. In Tokyo the Nikkei Stock Average fell 2.1% to erase solid gains made in the two previous trading sessions, Taiwan´s Taiex lost 0.8% and the in China the Shanghai Composite dipped 0.9%. The Hang Seng in Hong Kong finished will a marginal loss, while Australia´s S&P/ASX 200 gave up a tenth of a percent. The Kospi in South Korea was closed for a holiday.
Losses in Tokyo were spread across a broad range of sectors with some of the most notable decliners including; Mitsubishi Motors Corp. lost 2.9%, Panasonic Corp. slid 3.2%, and Daiwa Securites Group gave up 3.7%.
Gold mining firms rose in Australia as the yellow metal´s price rose 1% yesterday; Kingsgate Consolidated climbed 3.1% and Newcrest Mining Ltd. rose 1.3%. The financial services firm AMP Ltd. gained 3.5% even after announcing that first half of the year profits fell 9% but still beat earlier projections. The fall in profits came from a poor performing life insurance division which experienced unusually high number of claims.
In Hong Kong, a number of blue-chip companies released earnings reports and the markets responded in turn. The personal computer manufacturer Lenovo Group Ltd climbed 2.1% after reporting a 23% increase in its first half of the fiscal year profits. Logistics company Li & Fung jumped 11.6% despite a drop in half year profits, investors were pleased with their forecasts for the second half. The internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. gave up half a percent after its profits did not reach expectations.
Business Articles1. Finding The Right Camera Bag Could Be Easy With The Discussed Tips
2. Contact The Right Audience And Executives With Pharmaceutical Companies Mailing List
Author: Jane Cannon
3. Understanding The Relevance Of Real Estate Services In 2018
Author: James Hopkins
4. Get Access To Highly Focused Quickbooks Users Email List
Author: Andrew Rayel
5. What Happiness Means To You- Certified Quantum Suc
Author: Christy Whitman
6. Some Very Basic Tricks To Get Your Accounting Right
7. Accounting Service For A Small Business Confirm A Smooth Running
8. Injured By A Drunk Driver Here’s What To Do
9. You Have To Visit The Bank's Site On The Web And Fill In The Application
Author: Brandon Jones
10. Bed Bug Treatment That's Effective And Affordable
Author: Steve Stein
11. Here Are 5 Tips That Will Keep
12. Here’s All That Your Angry Customers Want Your Business To Learn!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. Plastic Model Aircraft
14. An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
15. Schramsberg Blanc De Blancs 2012