ALL >> Education >> View Article
Scriptwriter Make A Movie - Pick Your Idea And Start
Total Articles: 31
Scriptwriters come in all shapes and sizes. Scriptwriters have a depth to their soul like no other beings on Earth. It's a gift, and a curse.
But, no matter what it is, you are a writer (or want to become one) and you HAVE to write. Writers have to write, dancers have to dance, and singers have to sing and so on and so on.
Writers usually have too many ideas in their head. So many ideas, so little time - and eventually if you want to be a writer you actually have to start writing. So the key is - since you want to make a movie script - to start narrowing down those ideas, pick a genre first. What is a genre, you ask?
A genre is the type of category your screenplay is in.
For example -
Comedy (includes dark comedies & romantic comedies, of course)
Sci-Fi & Fantasy (imaginary worlds)
Family (parents can take kids to see it) Horror (you know - those violently graphic types)
Suspense (unfolding mystery)
Drama (more true-to-life roller coaster ride types)
Action Adventures (big $$$ makers - excitement, danger, suspense)
And I'm going to add -
High Concept - Hollywood's favorite buzz word at the moment
- and although a High Concept film could be any of the above genres, it's claim to fame is that it has MASS APPEAL (which means big $$$$ to Hollywood, and you for that matter). It is easily pitched in a catchy logline, which when spoke, they immediately "get it" and your story is fresh, unique and high in concept. (Duh, did I really say that?)
You might find you start in one genre and end up in another. That's okay. Just go with the flow. Put pen to paper (or in this millennium - fingertips to keyboard) and just start writing. It's not time to be critical of what is coming through. The key is - JUST START. It does not matter how or with what you start, just start. Thoughts flow through you, ideas flow through you, and if you ignore them they will go find someone else who will give them life. Starting will show the Universe you're now committed to receiving. Choosing a genre and picking an idea in that genre to run with tells the Universe what it is you need - what thoughts and info you need - your tools. NOW, you can get started.
At this stage there's no right or wrong, there's only opportunity, so take this opportunity to get on the scriptwriting bandwagon and ride that train all the way to the bank.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning