ALL >> Education >> View Article
Writing A Television Series
Total Articles: 39
Special skills are required for writing a television series. A periodically reoccurring broadcast of a television program is known as a television series. A finite number of episodes of 12 - 26 episodes can be called a miniseries in the United States. People get addicted to watching series since they are each one incessant story told over several episodes, and they are eager to learn what comes in the next episode. A longer running season is preferred in the US. The duration of a single episode varies from one hour to half an hour, with breaks for commercials. Every fresh episode usually begins with 'previously on...," an introduction prior to the teaser of the following episode. The stories of the season are usually wholesome tales that families can watch together comfortably. Writing a series is an art that needs special form of handling and is not for everyone. A few of the tips to set you on the path of writing a television series are:
• Develop a central plot of the story, which you can elaborate upon later on. Write down the premise in a few sentences, which will serve as broad guidelines. Have clarity about the duration of each episode - 60 or 30 minutes.
• After having discussed with the network, ascertain over how many episodes the show is to run for and whether it is to be aired daily or weekly. Knowledge of the time of the day it will be broadcast will also help.
• Study the stipulated requirements of the network for which you are writing the television series. Ask for the format, style and general strategies your script should follow so the cast and crew face no difficulty during the actual shooting. Your script should offer a common platform of understanding among all who are involved in the production.
• Equipped with complete information, proceed to break up your intended story into individual episodes. Remember to make allowances for commercial breaks in between according to the rules of the network.
• While writing a television series, keep in mind that even though the story is aired in fragments, it should seem continuous. Each should have a beginning, middle and an end.
• Introduce the characters one by one to whet the interest of the viewers.
• Begin each episode with a teaser. End it with a cliffhanger so that the viewers are curious to know what will happen in the episode and turn on their TV sets when your show is to be aired.
• Ideally, there should be a cliffhanger just before the commercial break so that the viewers do not switch to other channels during.
Writing a television series can be an enjoyable project since you get feedback almost instantly about how well the audience likes it. Your task does not end with handing over the script to the network. You will be expected to perform an array of jobs involved with the production depending upon the norms of the network. A screenwriter for hire can help tremendously.
Education Articles1. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: madhu krishna
2. 3 Reasons Why Dual Degree Graduate Program Is Best For Present Generation
Author: Salem Montakah
3. Best Vmware Training Institute In Bangalore
4. Can A Private Post Graduate Degree Holder Appear In Ugc-net Exam?
Author: Gaurav Sharma
5. Is It Really Worth To Choose Law As A Career?
Author: onlineassignment expert
6. Studying With Shobhit University
7. Face To Face Interview With Amit Kataria To Know Big Data Aspects
Author: Rimpy Sharma
8. Close 2 Study
Author: Mohd Adil
9. Genius It Solutions
10. Japanese Language
Author: Communiqua Language Training Institute
11. Symbiosis Law School, Pune: Providers Of Holistic Law Education In India!
Author: Sukanta Singha
12. Quick Tips About Tafe Assignments Help In Adelaide
Author: Hayden Bowden
13. Get An Expert Assistance On Istqb® Advnced Level Certification Exam Preparation Online
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. Why Might Your Employees Tend To Self-paced Learning?
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
15. Here Is What Our Students Have To Say About Studying Abroad In Uk
Author: Study Smart