ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write A Script Treatment
Total Articles: 40
The question of how to write a script treatment should not pose major problems for script writers today because there are a number of ways by which a writer can learn the trade secrets. In a persuasive way, script treatments tell the readers or audience that the show is good enough to be written, produced, and filmed. It is a harbinger of better things to come. There are a few guidelines that should be followed to learn the knack of how to write a script treatment, some of which include the following:
- Decide what media you are writing for. Is it for the cinematic world, TV show, video game or the theater?
- Have the genre that you are about to tackle clearly in sight. Is it a comedy, tragedy, horror, action, romance or any other? The pieces of jig-saw puzzle of how to write a script treatment will automatically begin to fall into place if you have the clarity of its purpose and the way to go about the task.
- Summarize the entire idea in a sentence or two, also known as the logline or blurb. Provide the relevant contact information on the first page of the treatment.
- Limit the length of the script treatment. Rarely do the executives have the time to read elaborate documents.
- Introduce your characters and it might make sense to assign a definitive face to the characters in your script.
- Describe in a short paragraph what sets your script apart and why you think it should be shown daylight.
- Write about each scene in a very short yet exciting way. Select appropriate words to convey meaning. The words must have a visual effect on the reader, creating an illusion of actually seeing the trailer of the show you have written about.
- How to write a script treatment comes naturally to writers who can convince the reader about the commercial potential of the script they are planning to write.
- Refrain from citing any dialogues or camera angles unless absolutely necessary.
- Format the script treatment according to the individual preference of the intended reader. Usually 12 point Times new Roman or Courier New are used with one inch margin all around the pages.
- Write in prose form, in present tense only, adhering to about one page of treatment for every ten pages of the actual script.
- Group related scenes under a common heading.
- The result of the evaluation of your script treatment is the deciding factor of your writing career. Go all out to make your treatment that attracts and holds the attention of the people with influence.
The simplest definition of a treatment is the condensed form of a script to be utilized for the production of a film, TV show or a theatrical play. The next step after pitching your idea to the producer of a proposed show is to present him with a treatment. Since this is going to be the first written documentation that you are about to show, it becomes important to put in greater efforts to impress him through this tool. Mastering the art of how to write a script treatment is a step towards realizing the dream of becoming a reputable script writer.
Education Articles1. Govt Jobs In Tamil Nadu
2. Initiate A New Confidence In Your Kids Through Summer Camps
3. Expert Training For Nda Cds Ssb Since 1987
Author: Captain Sehgal
4. Jmit - Providing An Edge In Knowlede
Author: ponting brown
5. C_afaria_02 Real Pdf Exam Material
Author: Dennis Ng
6. C2090-621 Exam Dumps
Author: Dennis Ng
7. Important Features Of Sas And Plsql Training Programs Offered By Professionals
8. 5 Ways To Find The Best Pre-school In Bhopal For Your Child
9. 7230x Latest Certification Tests
Author: Dennis Ng
10. Business Environment Strategic Management
Author: shubham mishra
11. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: madhu krishna
12. 3 Reasons Why Dual Degree Graduate Program Is Best For Present Generation
Author: Salem Montakah
13. Best Vmware Training Institute In Bangalore
14. Can A Private Post Graduate Degree Holder Appear In Ugc-net Exam?
Author: Gaurav Sharma
15. Is It Really Worth To Choose Law As A Career?
Author: onlineassignment expert