ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write A Script Treatment
Total Articles: 40
The question of how to write a script treatment should not pose major problems for script writers today because there are a number of ways by which a writer can learn the trade secrets. In a persuasive way, script treatments tell the readers or audience that the show is good enough to be written, produced, and filmed. It is a harbinger of better things to come. There are a few guidelines that should be followed to learn the knack of how to write a script treatment, some of which include the following:
- Decide what media you are writing for. Is it for the cinematic world, TV show, video game or the theater?
- Have the genre that you are about to tackle clearly in sight. Is it a comedy, tragedy, horror, action, romance or any other? The pieces of jig-saw puzzle of how to write a script treatment will automatically begin to fall into place if you have the clarity of its purpose and the way to go about the task.
- Summarize the entire idea in a sentence or two, also known as the logline or blurb. Provide the relevant contact information on the first page of the treatment.
- Limit the length of the script treatment. Rarely do the executives have the time to read elaborate documents.
- Introduce your characters and it might make sense to assign a definitive face to the characters in your script.
- Describe in a short paragraph what sets your script apart and why you think it should be shown daylight.
- Write about each scene in a very short yet exciting way. Select appropriate words to convey meaning. The words must have a visual effect on the reader, creating an illusion of actually seeing the trailer of the show you have written about.
- How to write a script treatment comes naturally to writers who can convince the reader about the commercial potential of the script they are planning to write.
- Refrain from citing any dialogues or camera angles unless absolutely necessary.
- Format the script treatment according to the individual preference of the intended reader. Usually 12 point Times new Roman or Courier New are used with one inch margin all around the pages.
- Write in prose form, in present tense only, adhering to about one page of treatment for every ten pages of the actual script.
- Group related scenes under a common heading.
- The result of the evaluation of your script treatment is the deciding factor of your writing career. Go all out to make your treatment that attracts and holds the attention of the people with influence.
The simplest definition of a treatment is the condensed form of a script to be utilized for the production of a film, TV show or a theatrical play. The next step after pitching your idea to the producer of a proposed show is to present him with a treatment. Since this is going to be the first written documentation that you are about to show, it becomes important to put in greater efforts to impress him through this tool. Mastering the art of how to write a script treatment is a step towards realizing the dream of becoming a reputable script writer.
Education Articles1. Preparation For Study Abroad Programs
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
2. Spark And Scala Training In Hyderabad
3. Tips To Finish Ailet In Time
Author: vikas choudhary
4. Why Would You Opt For Diploma Courses After Graduation?
Author: Kunal Iyar
5. Web Development Tutorials For Beginners
Author: • A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Gu
6. How Would You Choose The Best Institute For Executive Mba In India?
Author: Bhargav Himnshu
7. Understand All The Concepts Of Statistical Analysis System
8. Life Is Best In The Engineering Colleges
Author: ponting brown
9. Photography Courses In Delhi
10. Introduction Of Jqueryui
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
11. To Beat A Hacker, You Need To Think Like A Hacker
12. How To Choose A Quality Gmat Prep Course Online?
Author: Dhiraj Goverdhanam
13. Taking Autism Care Services For Autistic Individuals Are Very Important!
Author: The Lizard Centre
14. Online Learning - An Easy Way To Become An Oracle Certified Professional
Author: Atul Kumar
15. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur