ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ideas For Inventing A Plot For Your Play Or Movie
Total Articles: 37
One of the questions that is often asked of writers is where they get their ideas for plots. Even writers ask this question. And the answer is anywhere and everywhere.
A lot of story ideas are based on real life events. A glance through the newspaper will reveal many situations that can easily inspire fiction. Sometimes the creative writer only has to change the names and adjust the facts to make the story more believable. Nobody would ever believe some of the things that happen in real life.
People in politics and show business live lives replete with drama. They make fascinating subjects for fiction. One of Agatha Christie's most baffling mysteries concerned a famous actress meeting a fan who had changed her life years earlier.
But a plot doesn't require people who are rich and glamorous. Any problem that ordinary people are faced with can be developed into a story. For example many people are concerned with the problem of how to get rid of bugs.
If the bugs in question are an endless army of flesh-eating African ants marching relentlessly toward your cattle ranch the result could be the terrifying tale of Leinengen Versus the Ants. If you wake up one morning and discover you are the bug everyone is trying to get rid of you have the beginning of Kafka's Metamorphosis. Further contemplation on the bug question can lead to stories about the unexpected consequences of pesticide use or the revelation of dark secrets in a family that suffers from bug-related phobias.
When you introduce radiation and other science fiction ingredients a story about household pests can become the Horrors of Spider Island, Spider-man or The Fly. A plague of rats can inspire a story about government corruption as was the case with The Pied Piper. Fleas can inspire thoughts of bubonic plague and that can inspire thoughts about all sorts of plagues.
A plague can be a public health concern or it can be a metaphor for any societal ill that has gotten out of hand. Almost any problem or situation can be the basis of a plot. What the writer does with it is what make it a story.
There must be something in the situation that requires or inspires someone to take action. A semi mad scientist who has just received an eviction notice in a city plagued by some unpleasant pest could be inspired to invent a new pest poison. Whether he makes the problem better or worse is up to the writer.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away