ALL >> Education >> View Article
Do Some Research And Get Some Expert Advice
Total Articles: 37
Perhaps you have a good idea for a screenplay, and if you are a creative genius with some good writing skills, maybe it's time you put your pencil to paper, or your mind to the keyboard. Maybe it's time that you created that screenplay that you've been thinking about. Indeed, I myself have many ideas for great science fiction screenplays, although I've only written a few, and without success of selling them, I also realize that our society is in need of new genres, and interesting intellectual stories and tales along the more popular themes.
If you're going to write your first screenplay, you need to do some research on your own to find out how to do it correctly. It's also wise to find someone else who's already read and sold a screenplay to give you some expert advice. There's so much you need to know. It also makes sense to have them look over your screenplay, under a confidentiality agreement. So where can you do some research to learn more to see if you are up to the grade to make this happen for yourself?
Well, there is a very good book I'd like to recommend to you, one which helped me write my first screenplay. The book is; "The Screen Writer's Guide: Almost Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Script Produced," by Joseph Gillis, Baseline Book Publishing, New York, NY, 1987, 159 pages, ISBN: 0-918432-81-2.
This book discusses selling your work, keeping it protected from others, presenting your screenplay to buyers, along with interviews of great screenwriters. It offers advice on screenwriting software, which unfortunately is now completely out of date, but offers tips on choosing the best writing software and template formats, which is still mostly valid today.
There are also agents and producers listed but that too is out of date. Nevertheless, the advice and tips in this book will help you get it right the first time, and you can read the relevant pages in one-night, and if you take decent notes you will be well on your way without wasting your valuable time. The average screenplay that gets accepted was rejected 66 times, according to a Reader's Digest study a few years ago.
Indeed, I imagine now with the onslaught of new screenplays being produced each and every year because the writing tools, speech recognition software, easy template formats, and the Internet could increase the number of rejections before someone buys a screenplay. Thus, all the more reason to heed my advice, do some research, and find someone who's done it before to help you with the process. Please consider all this and think on it.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.